Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible service

Options
  • 22-02-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

My landline went down today .... no dial tone .... so I went on to the Eir support service .... was on it for an hour .... I was moved from one agent to another four times ... and had to repeat the same information every time .... only to end up with what I knew in the first place. There is a fault on the line. KN were installing fibre on the nearby lines yesterday ... and as usual we  get disconnected. And to rub it in even more, I am not getting the fibre even though it is a hundred meters away. I can no longer put up with such awful service, my time being wasted and my blood pressure escalating. When my (very expensive) contract is ended shortly ...... I will be gone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Claggan wrote: »
    My landline went down today .... no dial tone .... so I went on to the Eir support service .... was on it for an hour .... I was moved from one agent to another four times ... and had to repeat the same information every time .... only to end up with what I knew in the first place. There is a fault on the line. KN were installing fibre on the nearby lines yesterday ... and as usual we  get disconnected. And to rub it in even more, I am not getting the fibre even though it is a hundred meters away. I can no longer put up with such awful service, my time being wasted and my blood pressure escalating. When my (very expensive) contract is ended shortly ...... I will be gone.
    Hi Claggan

We do apologise for the service that you received.  We are taking steps to improve our customer service experience but this will take some time as we move through a transition period.  You can track the progress of the fault by logging into myeir.  If you need assistance you can chat to an agent through our web chat support page by clicking here.   

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Just as an update ..... it appears that some 'needy people borrowed the valuable phone lines half a mile up the road around midnight .... surely EIR would know that the lines had been cut .... and  could at least notify those affected .... instead of having everyone call them to report the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"love the "some needy persons" borrowed the valuable phone lines...

I have the image of the needy persons returning the phones lines....

Virgin have an automated system tied to your phone number for tracking and informing customers about problems.

When  you call, it automatically tells you that they know about the problem in your area and are working on it.

Simple!

It can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Claggan wrote: »
    Just as an update ..... it appears that some 'needy people borrowed the valuable phone lines half a mile up the road around midnight .... surely EIR would know that the lines had been cut .... and  could at least notify those affected .... instead of having everyone call them to report the same problem.
    Hi Claggan, 

As my colleague Linzi has advised, you would need to speak with an agent in our technical team to get this investigated. 

Eir would not have access to this information. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Eir would not have access to this informatiion"

Grainne,
    Are you seriously claiming that Eir does not know when customers lined go down?

All modern computerised telecomms systems automatically track when lines go down.

PS: This is not just an OpenEir process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement