Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Growth of Wilton

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Its not an obsession with a parish, its pure and utter false and misleading advertising and it has gone on for so long cos the consumer rights and planning authorities have completely ignored it. Theres enough historical deeds to prove areas and the planning authorities should not be approving plans based on false information

There is clear ambiguity around where certain areas begin and end. Areas grow and influence of suburbs extends and retracts as time goes on. City areas are malleable. Besides, anybody can go on google maps and see exactly where a house is before they go to look at it, if they are bothered by the area not matching historical deeds they don't need to go to a viewing...

snotboogie wrote: »
    There is clear ambiguity around where certain areas begin and end. Areas grow and influence of suburbs extends and retracts as time goes on. City areas are malleable. Besides, anybody can go on google maps and see exactly where a house is before they go to look at it, if they are bothered by the area not matching historical deeds they don't need to go to a viewing...

I can understand a city growing but how can someone put down a more 'desirable' address on an area, disregarding its actual location, for the pure and simple reason of money and greed.

Wilton was a tiny farm in Glasheen. Wilton Shopping centre came and suddenly Wilton is heading for boundaries to the airport and waterfall to the west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

a bit like Foxrock / Killiney in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

I always thought Wilton was less desirable than Togher. Maybe it's just because my trips to Togher were usually to Barrs GAA Club which always seemed grand.

Advertisement