Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just trying to upgrade to FTTH - seems almost impossible after waiting 2.5h on hold -

• 22-02-2019 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello,

Could someone help me, please? I trying to place an order for FTTH which is now available in my area. I place first order on 7th of January, had an engineer to complete the installation. Unfortunately, service wasn't live yet. Eir was supposed to reschedule the appointment but instead they cancelled my order altogether. 

I am now trying to place a new order and just being transfered between the agents and finally call drops. That happened few times after waiting 1-2h! I have been with Eir since 2012 but it seems almost impossible to get any support from you guys. Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

artheb wrote: »
    Hello,

Could someone help me, please? I trying to place an order for FTTH which is now available in my area. I place first order on 7th of January, had an engineer to complete the installation. Unfortunately, service wasn't live yet. Eir was supposed to reschedule the appointment but instead they cancelled my order altogether. 

I am now trying to place a new order and just being transfered between the agents and finally call drops. That happened few times after waiting 1-2h! I have been with Eir since 2012 but it seems almost impossible to get any support from you guys. Please help!
    Hi artheb

Could you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭artheb

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hello,

Hi artheb

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

~Linzi
    I am sending it now. I just spent 1.5h on the phone speaking to 3 agents and got disconnected!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

out of curiosity, what was going on for this hour and a half? 

were you on hold or just on with someone who had no clue what they were supposed to be doing? 

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    out of curiosity, what was going on for this hour and a half? 

were you on hold or just on with someone who had no clue what they were supposed to be doing? 
    On hold -> got to customer care, then on hold -> transferred to loyalty team, then on hold transferred to fixed care, then was told that I am going to speak with someone who is going to sort the things out for me and call disconnected!

Hello,

Hi artheb

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Did you get my PM?

• Advertisement

Hello,

Hi artheb

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Did you get my PM?
    I have just replied to you.

Thanks

Linzi

What else can go wrong with this company??!!

Here is the update on my ongoing problem. After spending hours on call last week, I was told that there is an issue with the account and the ticket was raised to rectify it and it should be done this week. 

I called eir yesterday, issue is resolved! I was also told that I don't need to place a new order and they can schedule an appointment right away. Great I thought! Guess, what? They did schedule an appointment but for the 14th of February which was 2 weeks ago!!!!!! I even got an email and txt about it!!! Lady on the phone said that it's a glitch and the appointment  will happen on the 28th. 

I called today, just to make sure that they have my appointment on the system. Guess what??!! They did not and said that there is no active order  on the account!!!!! (I placed my order on the 7th of January). Nice man on the phone said that he is going to sort it out! He placed a new order, I got a txt with the appointment for the 1st or March. Happy days I thought!!! At least the date is in the future now! You probably think that it's all good now! Well, not so much. I got an email with the order details and the price is 20euro more than it was supposed to be. My first order was for 39.98e today's order is for 58.99e. 

Called again and advised that I need to call after the  order is completed so they can apply the discount!

EIR, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!

Here is the update on my ongoing problem. After spending hours on call last week, I was told that there is an issue with the account and the ticket was raised to rectify it and it should be done this week. 

I called eir yesterday, issue is resolved! I was also told that I don't need to place a new order and they can schedule an appointment right away. Great I thought! Guess, what? They did schedule an appointment but for the 14th of February which was 2 weeks ago!!!!!! I even got an email and txt about it!!! Lady on the phone said that it's a glitch and the appointment  will happen on the 28th. 

I called today, just to make sure that they have my appointment on the system. Guess what??!! They did not and said that there is no active order  on the account!!!!! (I placed my order on the 7th of January). Nice man on the phone said that he is going to sort it out! He placed a new order, I got a txt with the appointment for the 1st or March. Happy days I thought!!! At least the date is in the future now! You probably think that it's all good now! Well, not so much. I got an email with the order details and the price is 20euro more than it was supposed to be. My first order was for 39.98e today's order is for 58.99e. 

Called again and advised that I need to call after the  order is completed so they can apply the discount!

EIR, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!
    Hi artheb

I can monitor your account for you and once it goes active, I can apply to get the discounts added.  That way you won't have to call in again.

Thanks 

Linzi 

EIR, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!
    Hi artheb

I can monitor your account for you and once it goes active, I can apply to get the discounts added.  That way you won't have to call in again.

Thanks 

Linzi 
    Thanks Linzi. 
    First, I would like to have the service installed at all. I cant even imagine what else can go wrong but am pretty sure that eir is about to surprise me.

EIR, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!
    Hi artheb

Thanks 

Linzi 
    Thanks Linzi. 
    First, I would like to have the service installed at all. I cant even imagine what else can go wrong but am pretty sure that eir is to about to surprise me.
    No problem, artheb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

At this stage eir should not be allowed to accept any new customers until they can prove their sign up process is fixed. I hate to think how many other people, not on boards, are facing the same stresses. 

I am putting out the child of Prague and lighting candles every evening hoping that my own broadband doesn't go down any time soon.

If I wasn't in 18 month contract until August (which was supposed to be 12 month!) I would leave! 
    If I started the complaint process and wanted to leave they would charge me the remaining months on the contract regardless that they caused all the mess. I wonder how would they feel if I sent them an invoice for all the hours spent on the phone :D.... Actually I know what would happen. One person would receive the invoice and would not tell anyone about it.....

Hi @eir: Linzi

My FTTH has been finally installed!!! Could you please apply a discount to my account so the monthly cost is 39.98e, please?

Thanks!

My FTTH has been finally installed!!! Could you please apply a discount to my account so the monthly cost is 39.98e, please?

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

That is good news.  I have sent you a pm.

Many thanks

Linzi

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Are you still part of the forum? I sent you PM regarding my billing.

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Hi artheb 

Apologies for the delay in my reply, I have been off for a few days.  I have sent you a pm.

Many thanks

Linzi

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Hi artheb 

Apologies for the delay in my reply, I have been off for a few days.  I have sent you a pm.

Many thanks

Linzi
    No problem, hope you had a good time off.

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Hi artheb 

Many thanks

Linzi
    No problem, hope you had a good time off.
    Thank you.

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Linzi,

I just replied to you again, this is all wrong again! You have applied the incorrect bundle!
    Your Bundle Includes: eir Broadband Talk Mobile World
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb
    Contract Length: 12 Months
    Promotional Price: €55.98 per month
    Regular Price: €75.98 per month

IT SHOULD BE!

The price should be 39.98 after discount! The bundle should be
    eir Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK
    eir Broadband Talk Mobile World
    eir Broadband
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Linzi,

I just replied to you again, this is all wrong again! You have applied the incorrect bundle!
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb

IT SHOULD BE!

eir Broadband
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb
    Hi artheb

I have replied to you.  The discount will be added after the VOBB is activated.

Regards

Linzi

• Advertisement

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Linzi,

eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb

IT SHOULD BE!

eir Broadband
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb
    Hi artheb

Regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I just realised that this forum will be closed by the end of March!!! Could you make sure that my case is resolved by then, please? I cannot imagine talking to CS and explaining everything again and again and being transferred. It is almost 3 months since my first order! Again, I really appreciate all your help, I don't know where would I be if you did not help me along the way.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

Many thanks

Linzi
    Linzi,

eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb

IT SHOULD BE!

eir Broadband
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb
    Hi artheb

Regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I just realised that this forum will be closed by the end of March!!! Could you make sure that my case is resolved by then, please? I cannot imagine talking to CS and explaining everything again and again and being transferred. It is almost 3 months since my first order! Again, I really appreciate all your help, I don't know where would I be if you did not help me along the way.

Thanks!
    Hi artheb

I am in the process of sorting this out for you.  I have sent you a pm.

Regards

Linzi

Advertisement