Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holywells estates and living beside motorways

• 22-02-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Thinking about moving but have heard stuff about living next to motorways is it really that bad

Houses out there are more my budget and are beautiful for the price

Anybody any opinions about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

M1, M50 and the Airport on your doorstep. Bus into town in 20 mins. Places as connected as this may often come with compromises. It's just a matter of personal choice if motorway and airport noise in the background are a major factor for you, then Holywell may not work out. Overall it is very well served, I'd say you could live there carfree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Depends on where in the estate you are. I lived in holywell place. You'd never hear the motorway. You should be more concerned about airport noise though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skillbane

Moved to Holywell view in November, very happy so far, slight noise from motorway but not really noticeable. Yes you hear planes every now and then, and id imagine it will be worse with the north runway. But doesn't affect me at all personally

Advertisement