Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skoda Service - Frank Hogan

• 22-02-2019 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone gotten a Skoda certified service with Frank Hogan's?

I am hoping someone has had a good experience as it would be a lot handier than travelling to Tipp town or Ennis for a certified centre.

Cheers

bp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

I wouldn't bother based on my previous experience.Unless things have changed drastically over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Hi

Has anyone gotten a Skoda certified service with Frank Hogan's?

I am hoping someone has had a good experience as it would be a lot handier than travelling to Tipp town or Ennis for a certified centre.

Cheers

bp.
    I've never ever heard anyone say a good thing about Frank Hogan's. Based on what I've heard I would avoid.

Harry Murphy in Newport is your man for Skoda if you don't mind going a little outside the city. My parents always had good experiences with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

grenache wrote:
    Harry Murphy in Newport is your man if you don't mind going a little outside the city. My parents always had good experiences with him.

Harry is no longer trading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Harry is no longer trading!

Had no idea! 😂 In my defence this was nearly a decade ago they went to him with their Octavia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Had a bad experience with Frank Hogan with my Benz. Not going there again. Very poor customer service and most pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

grenache wrote: »
    Had no idea! 😂 In my defence this was nearly a decade ago they went to him with their Octavia.

You are the only person I have heard to praise him and that's including his friends. He's closed since 2005 btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

If I want to buy a Mercedes, should I go to Galway or Tralee? (I live in Limerick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If I want to buy a Mercedes, should I go to Galway or Tralee? (I live in Limerick)

Tralee

Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

Galway, Tralee have lost the agency. Go to connollys Galway, or go to charles hurst in Belfast and save a few quid.
    I've bought from both btw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

just reading this now, I'm looking at getting another Skoda, im assuming Frank Hogans is to be avoided?
    where's the next best option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

angeldaisy wrote: »
    just reading this now, I'm looking at getting another Skoda, im assuming Frank Hogans is to be avoided?
    where's the next best option?

New or secondhand ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jaysus lads i dunno. Myself and another family bought two new machines off them in 16 and have been servicing with them since and cant fault them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

9935452 wrote: »
    New or secondhand ?

undecided as yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Tralee
    Galway.

So why shouldn't I go to my local dealer on the Dublin Road? Shirley a dealer is a dealer?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I used them for someting minor a couple of years back, and had no issue. You'd have to assume SOME reliability for them to be trading.

People who had issues, was it with warranty claims, or just general service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

angeldaisy wrote: »
    undecided as yet

Ive heard good things about liam lynch motors in farranfore.

Personally i wouldnt avoid Frank Hogans for buying the car if he was better value. Probably avoid the service department though

My own A4 was bought new there. (not by me though)
    There was issues with one of the services it got while there.

The car never went back after.

When i bought the car i was buying oil and filters every 6 months there to service it myself

They refused to sell me them at one stage , reason being they had lost their audi dealership 2 years earlier .
    I said i bought oil/filters there 6 months previous, but was told straight off that i couldnt have as they hadnt sold audi parts for 2 years ,

I had a receipt in the car from 6 months before .

He could have sold me oil and a filter for a passat and not lied to me.

Needless to say ive never been back.

A friend bought a new caddy there at one stage and used to go to Ennis/NCW to get it serviced

Well ofcourse you can and end up paying double prices and a very poor customer service. Upto you now.
    So why shouldn't I go to my local dealer on the Dublin Road? Shirley a dealer is a dealer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Update, Have gone with a service with Pierce Motors in Tipperary Town.
    Have used them previously and have found them good to deal with.
    Means "working remotely" for 2.5 hours in the waiting room!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I had a few new Skoda Superbs over the years and always got serviced there. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

9935452 wrote:
    Ive heard good things about liam lynch motors in farranfore.

The man across the road from me is a taxi driver and drives down to Farranfore to do all things Skoda related . He is currently on his 3rd new car since first going down there, two Octavia's and a Superb and maintains the deal and customer service is way better than Hogans .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought my Octavia from lynch a few years ago over the phone. Never had an issue with it.
    Never got a service off him( lived in Dublin) but friends go there with no complaints. I know one of his mechanics.

Advertisement