Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB30 and Sram S900 for Focus Izalco team sl Problem

Options
  • 22-02-2019 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Can i ask your help i got a sram s900 crank but it is loose even with the 2 spacers.

Do you have to use more spacers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Just wonder... Did you use wave spring washer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

The grey washer on the non drive side.....that screws anti -clockwise I think and that pushes a sleeve that is sitting underneath it out to take up the slack.
    There is a you tube out there somewhere showing it.
    Will see if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINjQKK7INI

Also read the comments. The crank I had had the arrow in the wrong direction.
    Had me completley baffled for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

preload is definitely wrong way. Flat side goes against bearing. install crank. hammer on drive side to make sure flush. tighten preload so it sits up against non drive side bearing. There may be a gap between preload and crank arm on non drive side. This should be cosmetic but you can put the thin spacers in here.

Have fun with BB30....it's sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Haha thanks JayJbe :) Amen to that B***lox of a system on a class bike :(

Advertisement