Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Nature Pictures I Took Recently - II (Seasonal Photos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Just the moonlight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bsal wrote: »
    Meadow Pipit

I think your Meadow Pipit maybe a Rock Pipit.

Thanks Bsal, checked it out more and that fits all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Skiup

Update. Double trouble now thought there was a second one about and this was spotted this morning. They are using the squirrel feeder as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

House Sparrow in the winters sun today, Kerry.

wmwg8GI.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Wren on the Boyne today
    tANLQGl.jpg

• Advertisement

Great Tit from today.

mnpGTWJ.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Great Tit from today.

mnpGTWJ.jpg?2

Stunning!

Brent Geese at Tralee Bay a couple of weeks ago.

zYmGFpJ.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭lolie

Livefornow wrote: »
    Such trust.... you hear anecdotal stories of this but to actually see it!!!!
    Amazing Lolie, brilliant

Here he is warding of any intruders earlier today.
    Couldnt get the phone to focus properly.
    IMG-20201230-114031.jpg

He's not the star of the show here though.
    Theres another robin here mostly likely from the same brood that comes in to the house almost every day since July, some days several times a day for its feed of porridge.
    It will happily spend 10 - 15 minutes going about its business eating the porridge and looking for crumbs and paying little heed on whos there before heading out the partially open window.

Chaffinch from today in Kerry.

4Z0J2qB.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Goldfinch today in Kerry.

HY2KkOZ.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

No pics but I saw 2/3 Herons in close proximity along the canal on the last day of 2020. Wishing everyone in this forum a happy nature lovin bird watchin twentytwentyone!

One of the many blackbirds that stopped off for some food earlier today.
    ptr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

A pair of ring-necked parakeets dropped by the garden yesterday.

Quite abundant in and around London but unusual to see them here so likely some escapees that have learned the ropes?

Or maybe a few have had their Irish passports come through post-Brexit :pac:

wdE3cMf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

All these photos are absolutely beautiful!
    What cameras would ye recommend for a complete novice with a love of capturing nature moments?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    A pair of ring-necked parakeets dropped by the garden yesterday.

Quite abundant in and around London but unusual to see them here so likely some escapees that have learned the ropes?

Or maybe a few have had their Irish passports come through post-Brexit :pac:
    ]

What part of the country are they in 'Chops', rough location if you don't want to be specific?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

What part of the country are they in 'Chops', rough location if you don't want to be specific?.....

They've been seen in and around Griffith Park in Drumcondra, Dublin over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Odeta wrote: »
    What cameras would ye recommend for a complete novice with a love of capturing nature moments?

I use a bridge camera (bridge is a type of camera) as although it will not be deliver the same iq as a DSLR, the quality is still good enough for me, it is lighter, cheaper, more versatile and easier to use.

I do have a DSLR too, but now only use it very sporadically.

Lolie, I love your blackbird redberry photo. Is that popcorn leftover from when your Robin comesover to watch netflix in your hand?

pottokblue wrote: »
    Lolie, I love your blackbird redberry photo. Is that popcorn leftover from when your Robin comesover to watch netflix in your hand?

Haha.
    Thats holly berries, apple and porridge.
    He is my Netflix, between the tamer one sneaking past to come in the window and a new pair coming to the rose bush beside his he has his work cut out defending his territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Robin
    JJxSYFJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭walshtipp

Odeta wrote: »

I bought a Nikon D3500 last year and find it very good. I think it's a good entry to the world of photography and DSLR.

Lolie/Newwave, i for 1 can never get enough of robin pics, yearround they put a smile to my face!

pottokblue wrote: »
    Lolie/Newwave, i for 1 can never get enough of robin pics, yearround they put a smile to my face!

Few from earlier today.
    Robbie, same fella as the other pics from last week.
    rhdr.jpg

Bobby, has been coming in the house daily since early July.
    qrf.jpg

A new pair hanging around, must be mating up as they're the only robins that tolerate each other round here. Not tame at all.
    qrf.jpg
    oznorTO.jpg

Little Egret today in Tralee Bay.

jehfoFQ.jpg?1

Oystercatcher in Tralee Bay today.

caIKXc5.jpg?1

Brent geese in Tralee Bay

QAsyRCs.jpg?1

Great Tit examining an apple today in Kerry, dug into it afterwards :)

mgTrqc9.jpg?1

Bar-Tailed Godwit ( I believe but please correct me if I am wrong ) Tralee Bay today.

jxlKNE7.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Coal Tit in Kerry yesterday

56dHTkf.jpg?1

Advertisement