Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping

Options
  • 22-02-2019 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi. Just back from shopping in local supermarket. I wonder does anyone experience this. On checking items through til, the assistant places them at his side of the counter thus forcing me to lean right across the counter to get them. He didn't make any effort to move them towards me. So I asked him to move them over. He did. Even stranger is he may not realise he is inconveniencing me. Cheers Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Sounds traumatic Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

<SNIP>

Life is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

What did the gardai say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What supermarkets have counters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

shygal wrote: »
    What did the gardai say?

They won't do anything, go straight to your local TD. This is exactly the kind of thing we vote then in for.
    If you were in Healey Ray territory tiry they wouldn't be getting away with this sort of thing I tell you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

What supermarkets have counters?
    one places groceries on counter. Then I move up a yard or so and he puts groceries on other side of counter where I now am.the til is positioned in the middle. A bit complicated. So as he checked goods out, he immediately placed them at his end of the counter. Very annoying.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    They won't do anything, go straight to your local TD. This is exactly the kind of thing we vote then in for.
    If you were in Healey Ray territory tiry they wouldn't be getting away with this sort of thing I tell you
    I had no interest in contacting the guards. I didn't want to get him in trouble with his boss either. I just simply wanted him to place the goods I was paying for beside me. Simple as that...

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I didn't want trouble. just to have my groceries placed beside me.. Thanks for reply though.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Sounds traumatic Tom.
    It happened previously I didn't say anything. But I got upset this time. So maybe he won't do it again..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

It happened previously I didn't say anything. But I got upset this time. So maybe he won't do it again..

That's enough internet for one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Take some Rescue Remedy before you go shopping. Should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

shop elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Why do I get the feeling these posts will eventually be read out in court at some poor retail assistant's murder trial ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Best never venture into Lidl or Aldi, never mind having to reach for your items, they're f##ked at you at a considerable pace .... You'd never survive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Who wipes your arse Tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - that’s enough. This isn’t AH. Please try to be helpful in your responses to the OP.

dudara

Advertisement