Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

191 Seat Leon scrappage

• 22-02-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Looking at possible trading in my 05 Corolla for a new Leon. Wondering if anyone on here has availed of the 4k scrappage offer?

Basically I was wondering if I'd have much chance of knocking any money of the RRP of the car even with 4k scrappge? I assume the 4k is funded by Seat themself so I'm hoping there might still be a bit of negotiation with the price. Im looking at the 1.5tsi FR model. Was hoping to hear from someone in the trade or somone that's bought one of these lately?

Looking at using the scrappage to fund most of the deposit for a PCP deal, considering the car is worth less than a grand i'd say this could be a good deal if it works out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Could be a good deal. Just check whether they are doing low interest without scrappage and high interest if getting scrappage. If so, you need to crunch the numbers.
    You are right in saying that the 4k is not coming out of dealer margin but they tend to be less willing to give discount still for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭younggalway

They're running a 0% APR offer until next week which is what's making it seem like a fairly good deal. To be honest I wasn't considering changing the car since its going grand until late Summer but I'm worried the same scrappage offer won't be going for 192. Going to head to Seat Airside tomorrow to get the quote. As much as I'd like to capitalise on the offer at the minute, I don't want to stretch myself too much.

Ideally would like to hear from someone that has used the offer in recent weeks, even to see if there was any movement with the dealer on the list price. Just wondering also if theres any known issues with this 1.5tsi engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a new model Leon due later this year. You should be taking this into consideration especially if going the PCP route where resale value on an old model will be lower if you decide to change cars in year 2 or year 3. You won't have as much equity on an old model. If you plan the keep the car and pay off the balloon payment then it becomes less of a concern.

So I went to look at the Leon at the weekend and have just got the PCP approval today, once I finalise the deal I'm going to have to decide on the colour, narrowed it down to blue or grey but keep changing my mind.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-leon-1-5-tsi-fr-130ps/21036341

or

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-leon-1-5tsi-130hp-fr-5dr/20986283

I think the blue is a bit more exciting but dont know if it will age that well, I think the grey is classier but might be a bit dull? I know its subjective but would appreciate some opinions as I keep flip flopping between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

So I went to look at the Leon at the weekend and have just got the PCP approval today, once I finalise the deal I'm going to have to decide on the colour, narrowed it down to blue or grey but keep changing my mind.

or

I think the blue is a bit more exciting but dont know if it will age that well, I think the grey is classier but might be a bit dull? I know its subjective but would appreciate some opinions as I keep flip flopping between the two.

I like the blue best out of those two - the grey is quite a dull one. I'm looking at a Black 1.5 TSI DSG myself. Did you go for any extras? Was there any haggling further after the scrappage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

How much all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Very nice car for the money.

Just wondering why the 1.5 in the Leon have 130 bhp when it comes with 150 in the Golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

2 things from buying a seat in November.

1. The 0% was on the top model only. SE was 1.9%

2. They easily give 2k off list. 2.5k in case of ateca. As a "booster" as they call it if you have no grade in / scrappage. Basically list is over inflated to begin with.

Lan Di wrote: »
    I like the blue best out of those two - the grey is quite a dull one. I'm looking at a Black 1.5 TSI DSG myself. Did you go for any extras? Was there any haggling further after the scrappage?

Yeah as I said, I keep changing my mind so might just flip a coin on the day and be done with it.

I'm just adding the full link which is less than 200 quid and the service pack for 299. To be honest, the FR has all I need especially coming from a Corolla.

I haven't fully settled on a deal yet, I'm in touch with 3 different garages to see who can do the best deal. At the minute, I'm getting the full link and service plan thrown in. Trying to see if I can get a bit more off as metallic paint wasn't in my original budget as I was going for the solid white. Planning to put the deposit down on Thursday so I will update here once it's in writing.

2 things from buying a seat in November.

1. The 0% was on the top model only. SE was 1.9%

2. They easily give 2k off list. 2.5k in case of ateca. As a "booster" as they call it if you have no grade in / scrappage. Basically list is over inflated to begin with.

Yeah the FR is 0% still, think the SE is 1.9%.

I was under the impression that Seat funded these scrappage discounts, when I said this to one dealer today he said that it partly comes out of their margin which I found odd, then again that could just be playing the poor mouth :rolleyes: To be honest with the new model coming I want to minimise the sting I'll have in 3 years with the used value so I'm prepared to deal with a few dealers in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Yeah as I said, I keep changing my mind so might just flip a coin on the day and be done with it.

I'm just adding the full link which is less than 200 quid and the service pack for 299. To be honest, the FR has all I need especially coming from a Corolla.

I haven't fully settled on a deal yet, I'm in touch with 3 different garages to see who can do the best deal. At the minute, I'm getting the full link and service plan thrown in. Trying to see if I can get a bit more off as metallic paint wasn't in my original budget as I was going for the solid white. Planning to put the deposit down on Thursday so I will update here once it's in writing.

Fair play for pushing so hard.

I basically took the better deal of the 2 dealers I went to.
    Blackwater fermoy.

Weren't interested in shifting off their initial offer but gave me decent trade in so I was happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

or

Id go blue personally.

Should age okay as its not a particularly overpowering colour.

The Grey is very meh - looks like something i expect to see in the hire car pick up point after coming in off a flight.

If you want a relatively safe choice - then silver should work a lot better then that grey if available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Old diesel wrote: »
    Id go blue personally.

Should age okay as its not a particularly overpowering colour.

The Grey is very meh - looks like something i expect to see in the hire car pick up point after coming in off a flight.

If you want a relatively safe choice - then silver should work a lot better then that grey if available.

I think this is a great deal, the Leon is actually well priced versus the competition (Corolla anybody?) and getting 4K scrappage and 0%, service pack and smart link is a great offer

The model will be replaced this year but I see big benefit in buying the current model which will have all the kinks manufactured out of it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

Hey, did you get a good deal in the end?

Hey, did you get a good deal in the end?

Sorry forgot to update the post. I got a fairly good deal in the end, well I think so anyway :D. 'List price' after adding the metallic paint, full link and service plan was just over 28k, obviously got the 4k off for 'scrappage (even though I'm not trading my car in) and then another grand off. All in, its costing just over 23k.

Picking her up tomorrow, first time ever getting a new car so looking forward to it. Thanks again for the input folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That's remarkable value. Good luck with it, nothing like your first new car.

Advertisement