Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Mexico

Options
  • 23-02-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of travelling to Mexico with G adventures...has anybody done a trip in Mexico recently and how safe is it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

I travelled the entire continent from Argentina to Mexico on my own as a female traveller and never had an ounce of bother. I spent 4 weeks in Mexico and it was perfectly safe, you just exercise more caution, become more aware of your surroundings and take responsibility for your actions and you will be fine.
    I didn't do a tour, allergic to them to be fair. No real need in my opinion, it's perfectly safe and achievable to do solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

I was over there for a month's work experience about ten years ago, in Mexico City. As regards travelling around the touristy areas, everything was fine. Got busses to a few different places (Oaxaca, the pyramids) and never had any bother.

However do exercise caution, I'm fairly sure the gaff that work sorted me out with was in a nice area, and I was also warned about certain areas to avoid, as well as staying away from the cops!!!

I also expected to get ripped off as a pasty, American-looking (to them) white dude, did never did. Any time I paid for a service I asked my colleagues afterwards what the normal price was, and it was always the same.

Advertisement