Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food “production” in Ireland

Options
  • 23-02-2019 1:32pm

I think this is an excellent article by Katy McGuinness in today’s Irish Independent and a must read for anyone interested in what constitutes “Irish food”- in particular, meat and fish products. Katy was the person who recently tweeted about the made in Wicklow chicken by Denny that was actually Dutch.

Not too many surprises for me here as I had been aware of a lot of the facts but it’s a big article that tries and succeeds imho, to put all the information in one place and some good observations around how even “trusted” brands may forgo the Bord Bia logo on some occasions (it doesn’t say which ones) to sell on non-Irish meat products that happen to be on special offer on the worldwide market- something I didn’t know and will now look out for.

very much worth a read and a good education.

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/agri-food/not-the-full-irish-katy-mcguinness-explores-the-true-origins-of-irish-foods-37834777.html

Advertisement