Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wooden Spoon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

... and then Huget blows a clear try scoring opportunity. Hope Ramos reams him out of it for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Scotland are so lazy from a tackling standpoint. Guilty of ball watching so often that leads to linebreaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I think Scotland are making France look alot better than they actually are. The missed tackles by them is something astromical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Frances inability to score from anything but quick breaks is incredible.
    They're worse when playing with structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

mangobob wrote: »
    :D:D

Copyright to yer man on Blood & Mud pod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Amprodude wrote: »
    I think that will eventually change and we might see it this world Cup that they get to semi final stage. England game was the best thing to happen to Ireland this year. Its a reality check and make them believe that they still have work to do.

While it was a reality check it knocked confidence too.

Hope we get it back. It's a thin line between complacency and lacking confidence.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just explains why Scotland cannot win the 6 nations. They are a disgrace. 1999 is a long time since they won the competition and last time they beat France in Paris. They are like Ireland in 1990s not there to perform but to fill up the numbers. I think their women's team would put on a better show. 2 dreadful teams.

What's dreadful about France today? A few wasted opportunities and some poor handling errors aside.

Mad game. Only way to describe it:

dross, dross, dross, amazing, dross, amazing, dross, dross, dross,dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross,dross, dross, dross, amazing, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, amazing dross, dross, dross...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Griggs size might be ok to shine at pro 14, bit I don't think he's big enough for test level.... He's spent more minutes today on his back than a cheap hooker

• Advertisement

Ntamack an embarrassment there

dross, dross, dross, amazing, dross, amazing, dross, dross, dross,dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross,dross, dross, dross, amazing, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, amazing dross, dross, dross...

Only 4 amazings?

Quite like Ireland v Scotland.. Though the amazing is probably a bit better here.

England look ahead of all bar Wales have been hiding their hand.

Nearly made it to 70 minutes until the first bit of French play acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

And now I can't like Ntamack

Yes.but forgive and forget!
    he has brought the spiral kick back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

AdamD wrote: »
    And now I can't like Ntamack

Got a dig Ntaback?

The championship needs a competitive Wales v England at least.

After our loss I feel no buzz in it this year. Especially when England got a bonus pt v France.

What a f*ck up

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Doesn't look great when the assistant ref is explaining the rules to the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Not sure about that one but christ you wouldn't want to be a TMO at times!

• Advertisement

Going on scoring v France what will England put on Scotland and Italy.

Flash back to Scrum v Ireland in 2014
    Still love Steve Walsh for that
    & his hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Reckon France will give Ireland a good whirl. Scotland are dreadful. They’re looking like getting 3 points out of 80 minutes of rugby. This win will give France some confidence. Question is whether they can be disciplined enough vs Ireland.

Edit: token try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

mangobob wrote: »
    France look like they are finally hitting some form...just in time to face us. Typical.

They've been decent, but:

1) They're at home to a weak Scotland side who are generally poor outside of Murrayfield
    2) We're at home next week
    3) Their defence isn't great
    4) They're liable to bizarre selection decisions
    5) They make loads of errors
    6) They give away loads of penalies

Will still be a tough game, mind.

Don't concede again please France

Now for the main course :)

What the fcuk France !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

the **** are they at

So French.

All Virgin commentary seem to be forgetting France and BP

• Advertisement

Marengo wrote: »
    While it was a reality check it knocked confidence too.

Hope we get it back. It's a thin line between complacency and lacking confidence.

You are right there. We need confidence going forward or it may effect the performance in the world Cup. At least if there was a setback its better to happen now than the world Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

All Virgin commentary seem to be forgetting France and BP

Yeah, AQ seemed surprised that France could get a BP win.

What's dreadful about France today? A few wasted opportunities and some poor handling errors aside.

They aren't setting the place on fire either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Don't agree with the TMO there at all. That was a try for me. There was no double movement.

Edit: Didn't matter. They scored anyway.

amcalester wrote: »
    Yeah, AQ seemed surprised that France could get a BP win.

Could be the difference between 3rd and 5th on final day.

Embarrassing game for Scotland. No relal positives either, just horrendous stuff

Get their try.

They will be a good challenge now for Ireland in two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Could be the difference between 3rd and 5th on final day.

Yeah I don't understand Quinlan's point of view at all. Should they not try finish as high in the table as possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

The same thing happens all over the pitch but is only a problem when a try results? Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

What a finish to the game. Mad but great entertainment. Fair play to the French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Scotland were an absolute joke. Made France look like world beaters.

England should beat Wales and will have the grand slam in the bag after today. That be my thinking. I couldn't see Wales doing enough to beat England. England are too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Just explains why Scotland cannot win the 6 nations. They are a disgrace. 1999 is a long time since they won the competition and last time they beat France in Paris. They are like Ireland in 1990s not there to perform but to fill up the numbers. I think their women's team would put on a better show. 2 dreadful teams.
    Disgrace bit much. We cant say much considering how long we went without beating France in Paris/win competition etc
    That's the longer term challenge for Ireland in the World Cup. To break the quarter final glass ceiling we'll have to deal with resurgent teams with tradition.

Teams who have won WCs like SA, teams who have made 3 finals, like France. Teams who have made semis, 1987 and 2011, Wales.

We have the worst record of the 6 Nations in WCs bar Italy.
    Yeah and that really needs to change... Hopefully it will be this time round.

Scotland were an absolute joke. Made France look like world beaters.

They always mess up in Paris a bit like Irish teams in the past.

Disgrace bit much. We cant say much considering how long we went without beating France in Paris/win competition etc

Yeah and that really needs to change... Hopefully it will be this time round.

Well the only difference now is since 2000 we have beaten them a good few times and few times in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Point of law question.

Belleau kicks the penalty to touch right at the end. Adam Hastings catches the ball. Now it looked to me as though Hastings caught the ball in play and then stepped into touch. That being the case the game should have ended there?

bilston wrote: »
    Point of law question.

Belleau kicks the penalty to touch right at the end. Adam Hastings catches the ball. Now it looked to me as though Hastings caught the ball in play and then stepped into touch. That being the case the game should have ended there?

I thought the same actually. Surprised it went on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

bilston wrote: »
    Point of law question.

Answered in laws thread but for me AR call was correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Scotland are an ok side. They've higher quality players across the starting 15 than they have at any stage over the last 10-15 years. But they've little to no depth up front and it's killing them.

I also think they play a style that just isn't suited to them. A fast paced running, offloading style looks fantastic, but it rarely works for them.

I thought in the game today Scotland passed the ball about in a manner that some of their players werent expecting it. A lack of professionalism in their game it seems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement