Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord didn't register me with RTB. Do I still have tenants rights?

Options
  • 23-02-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭

I signed a 6 month lease, which is coming to an end soon. Landlord said she would register me. ESB bill is in my name. Have been paying through standing order. I just checked the RTB register there, and noticed my flat is not on it. My main concern now is that I won't get my deposit back, if and when I ask for it. Have I any reason to be concerned or do I still have my rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

sheroman01 wrote: »
    do I still have my rights?

Yes.

If you are a tenant who is not registered you may still bring a dispute. Your landlord, however, may not.

Also, beware, the RTB register is ****e. If you want to know for sure whether you are registered you should call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

First, the tenancy could well be registered, but may not appear (yet) on the register. Did you receive any notice of registration from the RTB?

Either way, it doesn’t matter if it’s not registered. Tenancy law and rights will still apply

Advertisement