Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motherboard died - partial build

Options
  • 23-02-2019 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1200

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming//3D Modelling/Internet (games - CsGo, Rocket League, apex legends, quake Live, mostly other fps games)
    (3d Modelling Blender, also using Unity3d)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

(mostly use linux - with windows for games that dont run with linux - i already have a win 10 pro licence that i can use on this machine)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? yes
    HardDisks: crucial m4 256gb ssd, seagate barracuda 7200.22 1TB ST31000524As
    Monitor: viewsonic XG2402
    Soundcard: asus Xonar DG
    GPU: asus gtx 1060 6gb expedition oc

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080 @ 144hz, No upgrade planned

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Debit card (uk or ie)

9. When are you purchasing? asap

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? no help needed

its been roughly 7 years since i build my last pc (motherboard died the other day) only thing upgraded in 7 years was the gpu which was upgraded twice (cpu was overclocked by 25% and was working well for 7 years)
    i dont even know if i should get amd or intel cpu or what features to look for in a mother board

any help appreciated

thanks

ft

i havent really kept up to date on what is good these days hardware wise

Advertisement