Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be a terrible gig for you to attend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

no. not sad. i genuinely think a lot of them are talentless and the rest are overrated.
    my opinion:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Roger waters
    Morrissey
    U2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

any irish musician(s), and that includes U2.
    any rap artist, and i use the word loosely.

Fair enough if rap isn't your thing but are you seriously saying you don't like any musician(s), regardless of genre, just because they were born or are based on this island? That's bonkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Impractical Jokers

Id say it's a load of 'hey who's sober here', 'let's have some Guinness and whiskey guys' etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Sam Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Any concert my 10,12+14 year old daughters want to be brought to:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

any rap artist,

The Divine Comedy
    Any Irish country music performer(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Country music gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Manowar at the Glasgow Apollo in the early eighties, more laughable than atrocious.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Bublee.

Michael Flatley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AC/DC, in whatever combination of band members/singers you like.
    A gig for people who would otherwise spend their night drinking Bulmers in the same pub as every other weekend before having a fight outside the chippers on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would have to be Michael Buble, if a friend bought me a ticket for him I'd be re-evaluating our friendship

Springsteen - three hours of cliched ‘anthems’. When every moment is ‘special’, then none are.

Followed closely by Bressie. The tedious indie is bad enough, but the earnest well-being advice would send me over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Fair enough if rap isn't your thing but are you seriously saying you don't like any musician(s), regardless of genre, just because they were born or are based on this island? That's bonkers.

I'm not the other poster, but I've seen my fair share of Irish bands through the years, many different genres, and I honestly don't think I'd voluntarily see any of them again, and I'm the first to throw my money at something because it's Irish. I don't know why, but none of them have ever really clicked with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm not the other poster, but I've seen my fair share of Irish bands through the years, many different genres, and I honestly don't think I'd voluntarily see any of them again, and I'm the first to throw my money at something because it's Irish. I don't know why, but none of them have ever really clicked with me.

I've seen my fair share of forgettable bands too, but off the top of my head, Microdisney, My Bloody Valentine, Girl Band, along with new up and coming bands such as Fontaines DC, Just Mustard and The Murder Capital are all brilliant. There's loads I'm missing. Those who say Irish musicians are "talentless" (the previous poster) are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've seen my fair share of forgettable bands too, but off the top of my head, Microdisney, My Bloody Valentine, Girl Band, along with new up and coming bands such as Fontaines DC, Just Mustard and The Murder Capital are all brilliant. There's loads I'm missing. Those who say Irish musicians are "talentless" (the previous poster) are wrong

I've seen mbv and fontaines from that list, and I'd be in no rush to see either again. Again I can't describe it, but no matter how early I get in there, I can't get behind Irish bands, but I support LOI, Irish MMA fighters, boxers etc at Grass Roots. But Irish music does nothing for me, always seems like it's trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Lady Gaga
    Any of Bressies incarnations
    Mumble rap
    EDM types
    Most of what my 15 yet old niece listens to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ed Sheeran.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I've only seen Girl Band from that list. I've seen them live twice. One of the best live experiences I've been to. I wouldn't get massively excited about listening to their album from start to finish. But live, they are a different animal. If they do come back on the live circuit again, I will definitely be doing a good month in the gym before hand, to build up a bit of stamina.

Anyway, on topic, I'm easy going. If I got a free ticket for any gig, I'd be happy.
    Although maybe Daniel O'Donnell might be a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I think I have the winner here.

A gig from an Artist that I really love that rarely tours Ireland only to be surrounded by people talking random non band related nonsense around me.

e.g Radiohead gig

You know what I also noticed, when i'm in a different country and there's people talking it doesn't annoy me as much as I don't know what they're talking about. Weird huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I think I have the winner here.

A gig from an Artist that I really love that rarely tours Ireland only to be surrounded by people talking random non band related nonsense around me.

e.g Radiohead gig

You know what I also noticed, when i'm in a different country and there's people talking it doesn't annoy me as much as I don't know what they're talking about. Weird huh.

Yep I agree it is usually the crowd rather than the artist that leads me to hate a gig.
    Some goon sitting behind me at the recent Robert Plant gig in 3Arena felt it necessary to shout "Play Stairway to Heaven" at the end of each song (even though plant has played that song once in the last 30 years)
    Or even worse, I don't know how many times I've been at a gig and seated, in front of two or three women, who have no interest in the gig, probably got freebies, and just use the occasion for a meet up and a chat.
    It's hard to zone them out to listen to the music. I've often come home knowing more about Ciara's summer holiday to Majorca than I have about the artist on stage. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

a Croke park extravaganza of U2, Noel Gallagher, Glen Hansard and Hermitage Green

• Eric fcuing Clapton. Tom fcuing Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I’m going to the X factor live tour next week in the point. I think I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

can't remember what they're called,

Crystal something

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    can't remember what they're called,

Crystal something

Swing but they'd probably be in a lounge somewhere so you could just hit the bar and ignore them!

Ed Sheeran too for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I've been to Ed Sheeran 3 times,

he's a decent entertainer but he's massively over rated imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Tom fcuing Jones.

That's not unusual

Advertisement