Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Single Pension Scheme

• 23-02-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, quick question, my wife works in the Public Sector and it is my understanding that her pension will be made up of Contributory State Pension plus her Public Service Pension.

Prior to joining the Public Service she worked in the private sector. Would her contributions from the private sector entitle her to any form of additional Contributory State Pension?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was she paying into a private pension or do you just mean from her PRSI contributions?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Wheety wrote: »
    Was she paying into a private pension or do you just mean from her PRSI contributions?

Just for her PRSI contributions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Well she won't get anything extra but the PRSI payments she's made will go towards meeting the minimum requirements for the Contributory pension. She'll continue to pay PRSI in the Public Sector. The pension is not as 'golden' as it once was, especially with the new Single Public Service Pension Scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Tigerpants wrote: »
    Hi, quick question, my wife works in the Public Sector and it is my understanding that her pension will be made up of Contributory State Pension plus her Public Service Pension.

Prior to joining the Public Service she worked in the private sector. Would her contributions from the private sector entitle her to any form of additional Contributory State Pension?

All PRSI contributions throughout your life are recorded, and used to determine your SPC.

Advertisement