Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International texts from banking systems

• 24-02-2019 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    i was told that text from services systems, like banking, coming from abroad are now lock by the network.
    Is this true?

e.g. the security numbers sent by banks for confirming transactions, when the bank is outside Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi larbakium

If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. The organisation will have to contact whoever sends the SMS for them who can investigate further when necessary.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭larbakium

Hi,
    thank you for the comment. Do we know, what is it that is not supported? In the examples where a similar behaviour has been identified and eir has investigated?

When i contact the bank institution, they tell me that they can see that the message was sent sucessfully into the recepient network switchboard and that no error was reported.

At the moment it seems i am between institutions processes. And its fine. i am happy to work with that, but i would like to understand a bit more of the challange. It seems the bank or the sms provider seen something like it. The standard they would seem the text being rejected by the recipient gateway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

larbakium wrote: »
    Hi,
    thank you for the comment. Do we know, what is it that is not supported? In the examples where a similar behaviour has been identified and eir has investigated?

When i contact the bank institution, they tell me that they can see that the message was sent sucessfully into the recepient network switchboard and that no error was reported.

At the moment it seems i am between institutions processes. And its fine. i am happy to work with that, but i would like to understand a bit more of the challange. It seems the bank or the sms provider seen something like it. The standard they would seem the text being rejected by the recipient gateway.
    Hi larbakium

Unfortunately I don't have any more information to elaborate.  I would suggest you speak with our technical department, they would have more information regarding this.  The number is 1890 260 260.

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement