Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought from namelane.ie - No goods and site now gone

Options
  • 24-02-2019 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Myself and herself live in Aus so whenever things like Christmas and birthdays roll around we like to spoil our nieces and nephews to make up for not seeing us very often. This year we bought some personalised gifts from a site called namelane.ie. Christmas came and went and the gifts never arrived. We got onto the owner who was very apologetic and they said they'd give us a €20 gift voucher and send another package out - "it'll be hand delivered by the end of the week". Sound, can't ask for better than that.

A week later and still no sign of anything so we contacted them again. The owner was again very apologetic and said she was having health problems - her cousin was running things while she was away and it wasn't going well. She promised to refund the card we used to purchase the gifts. Again, no sign of anything after a week. Tried once more to make contact and now the website and the facebook account are both disabled.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this lot? I have a fair idea of another site or two that's being ran by the same operators but don't want to post anything publicly yet in case I'm wrong.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You should start the charge back process with you credit card company or open a dispute if you paid with Paypal.

If you know they are running other website maybe contact them there they might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Here's their contact details:

https://www.goldenpages.ie/name-lane-trim/

Mobile (083)8689769

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

nava wrote: »
    You should start the charge back process with you credit card company or open a dispute if you paid with Paypal.

If you know they are running other website maybe contact them there they might be able to help you.

I agree but I'd get on it fast. There is a limited time frame for initiating a chargeback. According to CCPC thats 120 - 180 days after the transaction or agreed date of delivery.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/disputed-card-transactions-chargeback/

Advertisement