Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor tax renewal with R&Q Insurance as insurer

Options
  • 24-02-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Maybe someone here has the answer before I call Blue Insurance tomorrow.
    I’m looking to renew my Motor Tax, but my Insurer isn’t on the online list (R&Q Insurance Malta). Footprint Underwriting also isn’t on the list either.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Maybe someone here has the answer before I call Blue Insurance tomorrow.
    I’m looking to renew my Motor Tax, but my Insurer isn’t on the online list (R&Q Insurance Malta). Footprint Underwriting also isn’t on the list either.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    Thanks

You can just stick in a random number and company.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,251 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Put in last year's company name or one from 5 years ago, it makes no difference. The motor tax office have no access to the insurance database so they have no way to validate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Cheers done

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

I often wonder is that why cars are wrongly pulled by Anpr for no insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

2018na wrote: »
    I often wonder is that why cars are wrongly pulled by Anpr for no insurance

They're pulled for no insurance by their reg plate? How can that be when it's the driver that's insured and not the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JsHoliday

I just rang the tax office there as I also have R&Q Insurance Limited on my disc, they said it would be on the insurance certificate somewhere but very helpfully told me that its Accreditated Insurance limited is the one to pick for R&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, but old thread lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement