If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV receiver + 5.1 Speakers

Options
  • 24-02-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope you're well. 

I'm currently interested in purchasing a home speaker system including an AVR.

The one I like the look of is the Denon AVRX 2500. 

I also have my eye on the Q acoustics 5.1 speaker sets: 3050i and 3010i. 

Is there much of a different between the two sets of speakers in terms of sound? 

How does that AVR compare to others for use with those speakers. 

Thanks, 

SP

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi SP,

what a nice position to be in! You are looking at some great products there.

There is very little to touch the Denon AVRX2500 - really it's only competition is the Sony STRDN1080 but personally I do prefer the Denon AVRX2500.

In terms of the QA 3010i V's the QA 3050i 5.1 bundles - the 3050i does have a lot more bass and presence but the 3010i also sounds great and it does feature the same QA3060S Subwoofer so it's not exactly lacking in Bass!

..however it does start to get interesting when you look at the bundling of these packages and especially at the current euro pricing! - the AVRX2500 with the 3010i bundle is now reduced to just £949 or €1079 ( the euro pricing also includes shipping!) which is really super value:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13646-denon-avrx2500-q-acoustics-3010i-5-1-graphite-speaker-pack-av-receiver-and-5-1-speaker-package.aspx?swapstore=1

Likewise the AVRX2500 / QA 3050i bundle is super value at £1279 / €1449 

We have all the above available in all finishes from stock - finishes include Black / Graphite ( the most popular) / Walnut and White.

Also if you are starting from scratch do have a look at our discounted AV cable bundle which has everything you need to get you started and it's less than 1/2 price if bought with any AV bundle:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13481-av-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-30-mtrs-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-5mtr-cambridge-aud100-7-5-mtr-sublink-complete-5-1-cable-bundle-less-than-1-2-pri.aspx

Thanks again and dont hesitate to drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Hi SP,

There is very little to touch the Denon AVRX2500 - really it's only competition is the Sony STRDN1080 but personally I do prefer the Denon AVRX2500.

In terms of the QA 3010i V's the QA 3050i 5.1 bundles - the 3050i does have a lot more bass and presence but the 3010i also sounds great and it does feature the same QA3060S Subwoofer so it's not exactly lacking in Bass!

..however it does start to get interesting when you look at the bundling of these packages and especially at the current euro pricing! - the AVRX2500 with the 3010i bundle is now reduced to just £949 or €1079 ( the euro pricing also includes shipping!) which is really super value:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13646-denon-avrx2500-q-acoustics-3010i-5-1-graphite-speaker-pack-av-receiver-and-5-1-speaker-package.aspx?swapstore=1

We have all the above available in all finishes from stock - finishes include Black / Graphite ( the most popular) / Walnut and White.

Also if you are starting from scratch do have a look at our discounted AV cable bundle which has everything you need to get you started and it's less than 1/2 price if bought with any AV bundle:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13481-av-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-30-mtrs-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-5mtr-cambridge-aud100-7-5-mtr-sublink-complete-5-1-cable-bundle-less-than-1-2-pri.aspx

Thanks again and dont hesitate to drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John, 

Thanks for that. I can see the link to the 3010i + AVR bundle but cannot see the AVR + QA 3050i Bundle for 1449 (is this listed on the site?). 

cheers, 

SP

EDIT: ah sorry, am I right in saying that the Denon ARV + QA speaker bundle is only available with the 3010i?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi SP,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John, 

Thanks for that. I can see the link to the 3010i + AVR bundle but cannot see the AVR + QA 3050i Bundle for 1449 (is this listed on the site?). 

cheers, 

SP

EDIT: ah sorry, am I right in saying that the Denon ARV + QA speaker bundle is only available with the 3010i?
    Hi SP.

John is off for a few days.

Unfortunately the 3050 5.1 bundle deal has not yet been created on our website.

We can manually process the 3050 5.1 and AVRX2500 at 1449 Euro (Price quoted above) via the phone.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Hi SP,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John, 

cheers, 

SP

Hi SP.

We can manually process the 3050 5.1 and AVRX2500 at 1449 Euro (Price quoted above) via the phone.

Cheers, Kenny. 

I will give you a call on wednesday to purchase that. 

SP. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi SP,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John, 

cheers, 

SP

Hi SP.

Cheers, Kenny. 

I will give you a call on wednesday to purchase that. 

SP. 
    Hey SP.

No problem at all.

Drop me a PM when your ready or you can get me on 0044 333 900 0070.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.