Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advice

• 24-02-2019 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,

I'm about to draw down on my mortgage and want to make the process as seamless as possible.

Anyone have any advice?

Jean

Comments

Solicitor takes the money, pays for the house. Any excess is sent to you.

I don't know how it could be made any more complicated or easier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

so if you get a mortgage for 300k and buy a house for 250k the 50k gets sent to you as excess rather than getting a mortgage for 250k

so if you get a mortgage for 300k and buy a house for 250k the 50k gets sent to you as excess rather than getting a mortgage for 250k

Erm.. I dunno. I think if you get approval in principle for a mortgage, it's "up to" an amount.

So if you get approval for 300k, but buy a house for 200k, the mortgage they give you is just 200k.

But in the situation of you asking for anything extra (when I bought, I wanted 40k for renovations, for example), the solicitor got the full amount, paid for the house, took their fee, and sent me the remainder.

Not sure how common that is, but my house was cheap by general standards, so maybe that's why they didn't mind me fluffing the loan up a bit, with a request for more money to renovate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

No!

Advertisement