If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RXA680 receiver

Options
  • 24-02-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

I am keen to purchase this model - due to being able to deploy 2x MusicCast 20’s as wireless rear (left and right) speakers, in a 5.1 setup.

I just want to clarify i can also do this with a 5.1.2 Atmos set up? I have reviewed the manuel and the Yamaha site and they arnt wholly clear on whether the wireless MusicCast 20s (or 50s etc) can be used as wireless rears in a 5.1.2 setup, with everything else ‘wired’.

Could you clarify for me please?

Do you know of another AV receiver where i can deploy wireless rears in a 5.1.2 setup? I intend to wire in two up-firing front height Atmos speakers, but need the rear surround to be wireless.

The Denon AVR does this for a 5.1 setup up - using HEOS rears. But I can’t find an AV receiver where I can have wireless rear’s in. 5.1.2 setup.

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

turlougho wrote: »
    Hi

I am keen to purchase this model - due to being able to deploy 2x MusicCast 20’s as wireless rear (left and right) speakers, in a 5.1 setup.

I just want to clarify i can also do this with a 5.1.2 Atmos set up? I have reviewed the manuel and the Yamaha site and they arnt wholly clear on whether the wireless MusicCast 20s (or 50s etc) can be used as wireless rears in a 5.1.2 setup, with everything else ‘wired’.

Could you clarify for me please?

Do you know of another AV receiver where i can deploy wireless rears in a 5.1.2 setup? I intend to wire in two up-firing front height Atmos speakers, but need the rear surround to be wireless.

The Denon AVR does this for a 5.1 setup up - using HEOS rears. But I can’t find an AV receiver where I can have wireless rear’s in. 5.1.2 setup.

Many thanks
    Hi Turlougho.

To be honest with you I have never tried wireless rears in a 5.1.2 setup before.

I will get one of the guys here at the store to call both Denon and Yamaha and ask their tech team the question.

I'll revert back once we have spoken to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 turlougho

Hi RS

Do your guys ever get a response from Denon or Yamaha?

Many thanks

Hi Turlougho.

To be honest with you I have never tried wireless rears in a 5.1.2 setup before.

I will get one of the guys here at the store to call both Denon and Yamaha and ask their tech team the question.

Hi RS

Do your guys ever get a response from Denon or Yamaha?

Many thanks

Hi Turlougho.

Sorry for the delay Turlougho.

You can use the Musiccast 20 or 50 and the Musiccast Sub 100 along with the RXA680 as part of the 5.1.2

You can also refer to page 139 in the RXA680 manual which shows this setup.

Hope this is helps.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 turlougho

Brilliant. Thanks for following up.

I am guessing the higher moderate (780, 880etc) in the Aventage range do the same.

Do Denon/Marantz or any other brand offer 5.1.2 with wireless rears?

Thanks

You can use the Musiccast 20 or 50 and the Musiccast Sub 100 along with the RXA680 as part of the 5.1.2

Hope this is helps.

Brilliant. Thanks for following up.

I am guessing the higher moderate (780, 880etc) in the Aventage range do the same.

Do Denon/Marantz or any other brand offer 5.1.2 with wireless rears?

Thanks

Hope this is helps.

Hi Turlougho.

The ranges above the 680 will all do this too.

Marantz don't have anything like this but Denon have the Heos AV with can use the Heos speakers as wireless rears.
    https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/heos/heos-avr

Coming in at 649 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202631-heos-avr-av-receiver.aspx

The Heos 1's are priced at 169 Euro each
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12997-heos-1-hs2-black-wireless-music-system.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

I would be cautious with using HEOS or Musiccast wireless speakers as wireless rears or Atmos speakers for AVR's as due to the latency you will almost 100% get an unwelcome delay- HEOS and Musiccast wireless speakers are generally meant to be used in a seprate room - the one successful application I have seen is the HEOS speakers working with the matching dedicated HEOS AVR - that does appear to work well..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.