Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitchen

• 25-02-2019 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I’m thinking of changing the kitchen at my parents place, it’s brown circa 1992 kitchen and is dated and dull. Money is tight so any recommendations for kitchen companies based in Munster would be much appreciated. We are based in county limerick and have looked into cash and carry kitchens but any recommendations or heads up would be most appreciated. Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Patrick Bourke (PB kitchens) is very good and sensible with the pricing.
    Cross' Yard,
    Lr. Gerald Griffin Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Courtn2

If it’s wood, you could just paint it - makes a massive difference for a fraction of the cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Courtn2 wrote: »
    If it’s wood, you could just paint it - makes a massive difference for a fraction of the cost

Was going to suggest this. It can make a dated kitchen look modern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We used Universal Kitchens on Mulgrave street at a few years back for a new kitchen & various other wardrobes & presses, couldn't fault them

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was going to suggest this. It can make a dated kitchen look modern

we recently bought and painted the kitchen units. i took before and after pictures. it was unrecognizable and a fraction of the cost. We did also re-tile the kitchen floors but its amazing what a lick of paint can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I painted my kitchen myself. I used Farrow & Ball paint and I went for French country white. Now it it did take a lot of work with two undercoats and at least two top coats, but I was very pleased with the result. If you don't wish to redo the tiles (splashback) they can be painted too.

If the budget is tight and you are willing to put the work in - painting or spraying the kitchen might be a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Consider a reface and keep the original carcass if they can be re-used. We got our Kitchen from the Panelling Centre off the Ballysimon Road. Big company who do the kitchen there and in Woodies. They're retail and trade as well.

Re-face would be considerably cheaper as would be painting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

We used Universal Kitchens on Mulgrave street at a few years back for a new kitchen & various other wardrobes & presses, couldn't fault them

I'd highly recommend them too, they're probably not the best to go to if you're on a tight budget though.

Advertisement