Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir don't want to keep customers!

• 25-02-2019 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

My area has just been upgraded to faster broadband, I'm just out of contract with Eir and am trying to get a comparable quote from them. I don't actually want to change providers, but Eir are making it impossible. On webchat they won't go any lower than 55/month, which is ludicrous. When pressed they tell me that lower offers can only be made by their phone staff - and no-one EVER answers the phone. If anyone from Eir is actually working, can someone contact me?
    After this I'm giving up and moving to Vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

You are not alone feeling like this - Contacting eir is well documented & they have updated this sticky post https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057916504/13

They will answer new sales quickly, generally it's existing customers that will experience delays.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

inocybe wrote: »
    My area has just been upgraded to faster broadband, I'm just out of contract with Eir and am trying to get a comparable quote from them. I don't actually want to change providers, but Eir are making it impossible. On webchat they won't go any lower than 55/month, which is ludicrous. When pressed they tell me that lower offers can only be made by their phone staff - and no-one EVER answers the phone. If anyone from Eir is actually working, can someone contact me?
    Hi inocybe

Unfortunately we don't do call backs.  eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Temporary delays? It's been this way since the Great Server Meltdown last year. Absolute disgrace of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi inocybe

Unfortunately we don't do call backs.  eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Many thanks

Linzi
    Then why not authorise your web chat people to make proper offers?
     So it really is the case that you don't want the custom then? Or do you think people are dumb enough to pay more than double your competitors. 

and another thing.....
    I'm rural, we have waited YEARS for our lines to be connected. And now that it's finally happened, Eir want us to wait months to upgrade? It's a joke.

• Advertisement

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi inocybe

Many thanks

Linzi
    If I block the direct debit I wonder if I'll get a call back?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Why do you want to stay with Eir? Is there an option to switch to Sky or Vodafone?

Advertisement