Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

List of approved installers (ESB)

Options
  • 25-02-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey all. I am looking to see is there a list of approved charge point installers for the fore mentioned installations. The ESB have told me there is a list but wont part company with the information. I am asking specifically about the Northwest.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Look up safe electric, you can get any electrician to do it as long as you're registered there. This is assuming you're talking about a home charge point and availing of the grant.

https://safeelectric.ie/find-an-electrician/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

Hey Mick. I know any electrician can do it once they are registered but there is a complete rip off culture out there at the moment that is a mine field at least with a larger company you know your not going to get ripped off and there is comeback. Here is a link to the scheme. There are a few (NOTE FEW) contractors going around at the moment claiming that they are the soul installers for this project which of course is complete rubbish. Here is a link to the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭zg3409

The scheme/project you linked to is not a government scheme. It is a money making service offering to help you find an installer by getting one for you. I believe they normally use the same installers. They could switch who they use if they get complaints or more business.

You are free to get an installer anywhere you want, assuming they meet the seai grant approval. The scheme you link to mentions seai but they are not linked to that.

It is similar to you gas company offering boiler servicing when you can get anyone approved to service you gas boiler.

Advertisement