Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 or 6 days free - where to go in South America

Options
  • 25-02-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am going to Peru on a group trip next month for 12 days or so. I will have another 5 or 6 days free after that. I'm open to going to another country in South America on my own for that time.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where would be good to go on your own? I'm male and 37

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Depending on where you are travelling from. If from Cusco I would definitely go to bolivia. Overnight bus to la paz. 2 days there and then 3 day trip down to Salar de Uyuni

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I would agree with the above. Not really enough time to go anywhere further. Iquitos in Peru is cool. But if you want to go to another country Bolivia is amazing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Why take in a second country when you could see more of Peru? I am thinking in terms of logistics, unless you fly between Peru and your second country as busses would be a nightmare. Where will you be doing the tour of in Peru, whats your itinerary?
    Colombia is incredible - could you fly to Medellin for a few days0- definitely worth a week's exploring.
    Bolivia is amazing, infrastructure is poor so while a few days in La Paz and Salar is possible, it's a rush and a risk if anything were to happen with protests - which happen all the time.
    My vote - stay in Peru or fly to MDE.

Advertisement