Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempting to cancel my account - 52 minutes on call waiting and no responses

Options
  • 25-02-2019 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So,
    I have been trying to notify Eir of my intention to cancel my account the moment I am allowed to as the contract term is up (It was from the begginign of April 2018 to April 2019) and Eir requires 4 weeks’ notice.
    When I tried to contact Eir online help, they simply kept advising me to call the number for cancelations again or send a letter.

Which is hilarious. I have hated being with Eir since the disastrous creation of my account with them and hate the process still.
    I am considering writing to some news outlet, on the back of various other complaints I have seen published on social & physical media of late.

I need my cancelation notice, recorded and I require some confirmation written or otherwise this process will be followed the moment I am out of contract and allowed to cancel my account without any additional charges.

I look forward to your response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Pro2ac wrote: »
    So,
    I have been trying to notify Eir of my intention to cancel my account the moment I am allowed to as the contract term is up (It was from the begginign of April 2018 to April 2019) and Eir requires 4 weeks’ notice.
    When I tried to contact Eir online help, they simply kept advising me to call the number for cancelations again or send a letter.

Which is hilarious. I have hated being with Eir since the disastrous creation of my account with them and hate the process still.
    I am considering writing to some news outlet, on the back of various other complaints I have seen published on social & physical media of late.

I need my cancelation notice, recorded and I require some confirmation written or otherwise this process will be followed the moment I am out of contract and allowed to cancel my account without any additional charges.

I look forward to your response.
    Hi Pro2ac

Unfortunately that is the only way you can cancel your account by calling 1901 or writing a letter to the following address which can be found here. eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Save yourself a lot of grief:

Get a copy of your last bill by:
    Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:

Eir
    Account cancellation Team,

Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

I know this is a pain but a good few Post offices are open Saturday mornings.
    Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pro2ac

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Save yourself a lot of grief:

Get a copy of your last bill by:
    Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:

Eir
    Account cancellation Team,

Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

I know this is a pain but a good few Post offices are open Saturday mornings.
    Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit.
    Thanks so much!

Yeah I think this is the way to go, totally unacceptable. I have been on the phone this afternoon for well over an hour again.

Kind of feels like I am in some kind of sick controlling relationship where I cannot terminate because the other person is literally standing there with their fingers in their ears yelling "I cant hear you".

I genuinely hope the entire company disintegrates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Artifacting

If you're moving your services to another provider, you don't actually need to interact with Eir (assuming your out of contract.)

Just port out using your UAN for your landline / broadband and for mobile, the new operator will verify your number, usually with a text messages.

You only need to write to them if you're planning to just cease the services entirely and not move them anywhere else. 

They make this as clear as mud.

Advertisement