Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 208e 50kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Another thing you might be interested in is AAWireless, it adds wireless android auto to compatible cars.

They are in development at the moment, I'm due to get one in the next few weeks and I'll do some tests in the e-208.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

It's in Beta testing at the moment, in the Play Store you have to sign up for ABRP Beta testing down under the feedback stars.
    It will be coming to the normal release at some stage.

Cool, thanks

Interested to try this out, Tronity looks interesting and soon we will hopefully be able to make a few longer journies and gather some data

Another thing you might be interested in is AAWireless, it adds wireless android auto to compatible cars.

They are in development at the moment, I'm due to get one in the next few weeks and I'll do some tests in the e-208.

Plugging the phone in isn't a big deal but a gizmo to make the whole experience a bit snazzier is cool

Thanks

Tronity looks interesting

Step one is working fine, live data from the car on Tronity and ABRP. It also automatically logs the charges and you can apply costing to them too.
    ABRP is working on Android Auto on the 7" screen, it's handy to have the live % from the car in the bottom right. I haven't managed to just have it log a journey yet.

z1MPYFcl.pngcw77zRUl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

having seen how fast it charges I now have confidence to travel long distances. I know if I arrive at a fast charger after driving 200km warming up the battery that I'll get another 150 to 200km in the battery in no time at all.
    As I know Ionity has no problems hand-shaking I can aim for them although there are usually other high speed chargers at the same motorway service stations.
    With some more experience I can now confirm that the sweetspot for long distance travelling is 110kmph giving about 18 to 19kwh/100km.
    There is little point hanging around at a CCS charger after 66% as speeds drop (unless you really want to finish the chapter of the book you are reading while waiting).
    It is not worthwhile to seek out a 100KW HPC charger if there is a more convenient 50KW charger better placed along the route.
    I'd love a less conservative firmware that releases more of the battery e.g. goes from 46KWH to 47.5KWH useable battery pack and keeps charging at 100KW and 75KW for longer.
    Here is the charge curve:
    1148-FastchargeCurve.png

I just know an ID3 45KWH will be more efficient than a e208 but VW are so mean with specification that given the choice I'd probably buy an e208 again as I don't need interior space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Thanks to my company charge card which I don't bear the cost of I can say that the charge curve above is conservative across a selection of High Power Chargers from various operators..

I'm getting between 55 and 60kw charging all the way up to 78%
    80kw charing nearly up to 60%
    and 95 to 98kw charging up to mid 20% or 30% depending on the SoC and heat in the battery when you arrive at the HPC.

I think the 45kw ID3 will be more efficient than the Peugeot/Citroen/Opel ECMP platform but the eCMP can charge faster and will be a match for it on long distance journeys thanks to faster charging.

As I saw the car maintaining a 55 to 60kw charge up to 78% I'm not even sure if you should just cut at about 60 to 65% SoC any more. If it is a really long journey you'd probably be better off going to 78%

I got from 8 to 80% in just over 29 minutes today which was a warm day with a warm battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Has anyone here actually seen a 208e? (other than at a dealership, or of course your own driveway if you own one).

I keep on looking out for one of these, but I only ever seem to see the fossil version. Surprising, seeing as I see almost every other EV over the course of a week (even saw a Taycan on Wednesday and a Model X this evening).

I am right in thinking the 208e has a little "e" on the C-pillar, right?

Yea I see a few others around the Dublin 15 (Blanch/Castleknock) area.

Yes, the main tell-tail signs are the "e" and a light blue on the other badges.
    The GT and GT Line have a type of wheel only on the e-208, that makes them easier to spot than the other trim levels.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

fricatus wrote: »
    Has anyone here actually seen a 208e? (other than at a dealership, or of course your own driveway if you own one).

I keep on looking out for one of these, but I only ever seem to see the fossil version. Surprising, seeing as I see almost every other EV over the course of a week (even saw a Taycan on Wednesday and a Model X this evening).

There's a few around here (South Dublin), a few blue ones a a yellow one....havnt seen any other colour. Yeah the 'e' on the side.

Still a few new regs each month.

https://www.irishevowners.ie/irish-ev-sales-april-2021/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

fricatus wrote: »

I've seen a few 208s so at least one was probably electric. Didn't get a close enough look to be sure

Nice looking car overall, I'd be very tempted. Better than the Corsa E which is essentially the same car underneath, but I'll admit I prefer the interior of the Opel Mokka E

My one concern is that the boot and rear door openings look quite small, not great when you have young kids in child seats

I know it's a "small" hatchback but it doesn't look any smaller than my 2016 Leaf and that manages to have bigger doors

I'd need to try it out however, I'm going on first glance alone

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

My one concern is that the boot and rear door openings look quite small, not great when you have young kids in child seats

We've 2 car seats in the back of ours and it's fine, would highly recommend. Go and have look in a dealers, we actually took a car seat with us when we were looking at cars to try and get an idea of what it looked like with one in situ.

Step one is working fine, live data from the car on Tronity and ABRP. It also automatically logs the charges and you can apply costing to them too.
    ABRP is working on Android Auto on the 7" screen, it's handy to have the live % from the car in the bottom right. I haven't managed to just have it log a journey yet.

So I set this up recently in preparation for my first cross country trip in the car
    It was a godsend and worked flawlessly
    As I will describe below I had cause to be somewhat anxious about range so having the actual percentage on the screen was reassuring as the GOM range was way less that the mileage I had left on the journey but ARBP said I would make it with enough to spare and it was spot on
    rivegauche wrote: »
    With some more experience I can now confirm that the sweetspot for long distance travelling is 110kmph giving about 18 to 19kwh/100km.

This would be my thinking now too
    I would have a habit of driving a smidge over the motorway limit and it annihilated the battery
    Slowing down to between 110 and 120 had a huge affect on the longevity of the battery so I will definitely be sticking to this in future
    There is little point hanging around at a CCS charger after 66% as speeds drop (unless you really want to finish the chapter of the book you are reading while waiting).
    It is not worthwhile to seek out a 100KW HPC charger if there is a more convenient 50KW charger better placed along the route.

Not sure I agree with the 66% thing, depends on how much range you need, it still fills pretty quickly in terms of minutes that you wouldn't really notice it getting to near 80%

But I do agree that the 50kw units do a decent job of charging for much less cost and not that much extra time

From my trip I used Ionity once and 2 ESB 50kw units

At ionity I arrived with 40% and left with 76%, I was charging for 26 mins, a bit longer than I had intended but I didn't notice the time as I went and got food and ate it and the car was pretty much ready by then

Achieved a max charging speed of 70kwh up to about 50% of range, it then dropped to 40kwh ish until around 74%

another charge was at a 50kw charger which provided over 45kwh from 18% to 51% the full duration of the charge, I was there for 22 mins, longer than I intended but I was on the phone and didn't notice the time going by

a later stop at another 50kw charger went from 55% to 70% again with a consistent 45kwh being delivered

So the 50kw chargers do a great job and the stats produced by Tronity are awesome but Peugeot should really provide access to this sort of thing in the app

https://youtu.be/jeMYs1da2Aw?t=361
    German Youtube video.

The e208 has a new firmware and charges very quickly all the way up to beyond 80%
    He says towards the start it also loads fast on an 11kW charger pulling over 12kw according to his display.

This guy did a 1000km run on the e208 last year in 12h19m. TeslaBjorn did 1000km in 12h30m. With the improved firmware knocking 20 minutes off the 1000km time seems feasible.

The e-C4 is even more economical due to better drag coefficient.

https://youtu.be/jeMYs1da2Aw?t=361
    German Youtube video.

The e208 has a new firmware and charges very quickly all the way up to beyond 80%
    He says towards the start it also loads fast on an 11kW charger pulling over 12kw according to his display.

This guy did a 1000km run on the e208 last year in 12h19m. TeslaBjorn did 1000km in 12h30m. With the improved firmware knocking 20 minutes off the 1000km time seems feasible.

The e-C4 is even more economical due to better drag coefficient.

Thanks for posting that, it is really interesting

Looks like a 9 minute saving in charging time compared to the previous software (Obviously only really applies for Ionity or the newer Ecars hub type things)

I have to say I wasn't expecting Peugeot to make enhancements like this so I am well impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hi quick question for 208e owners/others.

Neighbours (retired couple) have their nice shiny new 208 a number of weeks now which they are really enjoying. They will very rarely need to charge on a journey, perhaps once or twice a year to visit family. And not being in a hurry they like the idea of stopping off in a town/supermarket to use type 2 for an hour or so. When they bought car they were told it would include cables, but only seems to come with a Granny 3 pin charger.
    They have since asked their dealer, who told them what ever it came with is it and they don't sell them.
    Their home charge point was supplied with car and is tethered.

They want to buy a cable, what are most using? And where from? Presume the car will take 11kW on 3phase?
    Thanks.. (Sorry, 3 questions)

eagerv wrote: »

Neighbours (retired couple) have their nice shiny new 208 a number of weeks now which they are really enjoying. They will very rarely need to charge on a journey, perhaps once or twice a year to visit family. And not being in a hurry they like the idea of stopping off in a town/supermarket to use type 2 for an hour or so. When they bought car they were told it would include cables, but only seems to come with a Granny 3 pin charger.
    They have since asked their dealer, who told them what ever it came with is it and they don't sell them.

They want to buy a cable, what are most using? And where from? Presume the car will take 11kW on 3phase?

I think the charger of these (at least up to Allure spec) is a 7.x kW single phase so 32A single phase cable is the right one.

sh81722 wrote: »
    I think the charger of these (at least up to Allure spec) is a 7.x kW single phase so 32A single phase cable is the right one.

Thanks, I think theirs is the Allure spec. Do Peugeot not supply a type 2 cable? Seems a bit mean if so..

Thanks, I think theirs is the Allure spec. Do Peugeot not supply a type 2 cable? Seems a bit mean if so..

Mean is right. UK cars at least seem to come with type 2 as standard.

Odd that the dealer couldn't sell them one at the time of sale - ours did. In hindsight probably could have bought a generic one instead of getting it from the dealer to save a few quid but we didn't know what we know now back then.

It's pretty much the only two gripes I have given how much you are spending.....not including a type 2 cable nor a paper manual!.

Odd that the dealer couldn't sell them one at the time of sale - ours did. In hindsight probably could have bought a generic one instead of getting it from the dealer to save a few quid but we didn't know what we know now back then.

It's pretty much the only two gripes I have given how much you are spending.....not including a type 2 cable nor a paper manual!.

Yes, the neighbours are elderly and this is all new to them. Must say they are really enjoying the experience so far. Pity I couldn't advise them before they bought as they could probably have negotiated a cable thrown in. Assumed all cars came with a type 2. They aren't very good with internet, as many older people, so I will check up where the best place to get one..

• Advertisement

Yes, the neighbours are elderly and this is all new to them. Must say they are really enjoying the experience so far. Pity I couldn't advise them before they bought as they could probably have negotiated a cable thrown in. Assumed all cars came with a type 2. They aren't very good with internet, as many older people, so I will check up where the best place to get one..

Its a superb car

For what it's worth we couldn't get the dealer to budge to throw in the type 2 cable for free.

https://www.epower.ie/ev-cables

Amazon and Micks Garage do too i think. The parts department of the dealer should be able to do to but will be a bit more.

Thanks for that.
    If I remember correctly there is a guy called Phil, Electricautos.ie who came highly recommended on this Forum. Will give him a shout on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah Phil can get you pretty much anything.

Bit scabby that they didn't supply a type 2.

Thanks for that.
    If I remember correctly there is a guy called Phil, Electricautos.ie who came highly recommended on this Forum. Will give him a shout on Monday.

Another vote for Philip.

Thanks for that.

They got a single phase 7kW charging cable from Phil, they said he was very helpful. About €150, don't know if that's good or bad, but they are happy anyway..

Hi lads,

We are about to take our e208 in for its first annual service. Got quoted €209 as a fixed fee from a Dublin Peugeot service centre.

How does that compare to what others have been quoted / have paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Got charged €129 for 1st service this week for Opel eCorsa, got video of underbody, shocks status and thread values. Basically same car as e208 - this is from a dealer in Dublin West. Told roughly €149 in year two for pollen filter, not the service every second year I was expected. Sorry it's not e208 but close comparison.

Some mad prices for services based on other people

€50 at Bluebell Motors all the way up to €209 in South Dublin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

They have to offset the loss of income from because the cars are so reliable that they don't need maintainence 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

True but there shouldn't be such a variance in servicing costs.

Advertisement