Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 208e 50kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

collsoft wrote: »
    I would name and shame this dealer - selling an EV without a cable that enables you to charge on street is just ridiculous.

Same with all the dealers pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭collsoft

Wow, Im surprised by that.

Its not like its an "Optional Extra", its a necessity especially in cities where people need to use on street parking at home.

I picked up my PHEV at the beginning of September and I got both the Granny Cable and a Type 2 with the car.
    Same with all the dealers pretty much

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So got the car back on Tuesday, seems they had problems getting the five software updates into the car.

So far so good, one of the updates was the range now moves in multiples of 2 and not 10 as previous. Have not had to charge yet....

Suprised a 3 month old car needed 5 software updates already, assumed when they hand it over brand new the updates would be done (from when it first left the factory).

Anyway, this is our first ever brand new car we're new to all this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Suprised a 3 month old car needed 5 software updates already, assumed when they hand it over brand new the updates would be done (from when it first left the factory).

It's always fun getting a new car in the first year it's on sale, the software updates should slow down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what has the budget done to the price of this car?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

silverharp wrote: »
    what has the budget done to the price of this car?

No change. Still gets grant and VRT relief.

Pity they don't use OTA updates would save having to bring the car in all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Pity they don't use OTA updates would save having to bring the car in all the time.

Software can be downloaded from the Peugeot website to a USB key and applied to the car via the USB port

Software can be downloaded from the Peugeot website to a USB key and applied to the car via the USB port

Suppose that's something except if it's to challenging a task for the non tech folk.

• Advertisement

Suppose that's something except if it's to challenging a task for the non tech folk.

If they can get the download onto the USB the car does the rest when you turn it on with the USB plugged in, seems relatively straightforward in fairness

OTA is better obviously but at least there is an option that doesn't involve bringing the car to the dealer

If they can get the download onto the USB the car does the rest when you turn it on with the USB plugged in, seems relatively straightforward in fairness

OTA is better obviously but at least there is an option that doesn't involve bringing the car to the dealer

That's simple to you and I perhaps but there are many People who would struggle to do even this.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

KCross wrote: »
    A few journos mentioned during the official launch last year that the ride quality was poor. She says in this review that the engineers have changed it and its much better now...

Skip to 3:27...

Now that this car is on my shortlist for a new purchase I'd be really interested to know what owners think of the ride quality after a few months of driving? Especially on bumpy Irish backroads? After I had seen those early reviews it had put me off even following this thread. So I'm glad I did a new search to learn that the problems have been solved... or have they?

Conba wrote: »
    Now that this car is on my shortlist for a new purchase I'd be really interested to know what owners think of the ride quality after a few months of driving? Especially on bumpy Irish backroads? After I had seen those early reviews it had put me off even following this thread. So I'm glad I did a new search to learn that the problems have been solved... or have they?

Had ours since mid July, absolutely no issues with ride quality either around town which is most of our use or on the open road (we've done a couple of trips between Dublin and Cork).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That's simple to you and I perhaps but there are many People who would struggle to do even this.

And those people probably won’t care, or even know, about updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Where on the website is this?
    The only update I have done is the one emailed to me on the 2nd of July (PSA_rcc-firmware_4_085_19-1E028-5_RCC_EU_W3_ECO.tar), just after buying the car. Where can I see if there are any new updates?

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »
    And those people probably won’t care, or even know, about updates.

You're probably correct.

Where on the website is this?
    The only update I have done is the one emailed to me on the 2nd of July (PSA_rcc-firmware_4_085_19-1E028-5_RCC_EU_W3_ECO.tar), just after buying the car. Where can I see if there are any new updates?

I don't know if there have been any since as I don't have the car yet but if you go to the website and click on technology and then map system update under connectivity you should find it

Scroll down and enter your vin for the download

I assume it has firmware updates as well as mapping stuff but not 100% to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

I don't know if there have been any since as I don't have the car yet but if you go to the website and click on technology and then map system update under connectivity you should find it

Scroll down and enter your vin for the download

I assume it has firmware updates as well as mapping stuff but not 100% to be honest

I'm not sure if the updates are just infotainment updates or full firmware updates for the car. Updates for wider systems in the car might be done at dealerships.

I haven't been prompted for any update in the last few months. The app listed one a good while ago which I installed, it's a slow download process!

We have a GT Line spec that comes with the larger wheels. Handling is good on twisty roads, had it up in the Wicklow mountains a few months ago and it felt sure-footed when pushing on. There isn't any excessive body roll and I've had no issues with comfort or handling on bumpy roads.

You feel the weight under braking and cornering but it's low down and centered between the wheels so it doesn't throw up any surprises. Like with lots of front-wheel drives, there is some understeer but the quick response from the electric motors lets you balance the car between understeer and lift-off oversteer.

There's a Spanish Youtube channel called km77 that carries out handling tests like the Moose test: https://insideevs.com/news/440765/peugeot-e-208-moose-test-result/

Got my e-208 this week and am waiting on the charger grant approval. In the meantime I'll be charging by granny cable a bit so a question on that: I believe it takes about 22 hours to charge from the household plug but is there any harm in dividing that over a few nights to avail of night rate? That is to say, is it bad for the battery to charge it up e.g. by 30% three nights in a row? (let's say with zero driving in between). I know people say that battery management systems mean you don't really need to worry much about this kind of thing but just checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Got my e-208 this week and am waiting on the charger grant approval. In the meantime I'll be charging by granny cable a bit so a question on that: I believe it takes about 22 hours to charge from the household plug but is there any harm in dividing that over a few nights to avail of night rate? That is to say, is it bad for the battery to charge it up e.g. by 30% three nights in a row? (let's say with zero driving in between). I know people say that battery management systems mean you don't really need to worry much about this kind of thing but just checking.

Perfectly fine. Just don’t be leaving it at 100% for days on end.

• Advertisement

I saw my first one in the wild today in Sandymount, a nice blue color, sweet looking car.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

4 new registrations last month.

Wow, I'm part of a very small 'club' :-o

Wow, I'm part of a very small 'club' :-o

I think supply may also be a factor in registration numbers.

I don't think PSA really believed that there would be real and immediate demand. Looking at the e-208 user groups, with a lot of UK users, there looks to be a long waiting list and delivery dates being pushed back.
    Seemingly the last lockdown had a big impact on the RHD build dates in the factory, I guess that impacts here too if true.

Any owner out there get a copy of the handbook without printing at home?

Was suprised it didn't come with the car and got told 'you can get online' at the time given how much money we were spending.

There's just the occasional thing I'd like to look up and I know I can look ar a PDF but it's not the same.

Nope to the paper manual, but I have used the Scan MyPeugeot app for some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

My girlfriend is considering the e208. Only good experiences from people who got it?

finneys13 wrote: »
    My girlfriend is considering the e208. Only good experiences from people who got it?

Yep - love it.

Had a glitch with battery pack but that seems reasonably rare and was replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

Yep - love it.

Perfect, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yep - love it.

How are you finding the mileage vs advertised range etc? Especially now in the colder/wet/windier weather. We are just looking at it as an option so interested in your opinion! Thanks

• Advertisement

How are you finding the mileage vs advertised range etc? Especially now in the colder/wet/windier weather. We are just looking at it as an option so interested in your opinion! Thanks

A small drop as heating in the car is on a bit more now, and winter driving conditions, a bit hard to comment on though as our milage is down due to the 5km lockdown limit.

As with most if not all EVs, you never get what they advertise milage wise, you tube has plenty of real world tests that are more accurate. On average we are still getting about 280kms on a full charge, can be 300km ish in summer.

From todays Business Post....

This is/was us, our first nice into an EV, we looked at other options at thr start of the year (we got thr car in July) and are still very happy with thr decision we made.

I think the blue is the nicest car colour I have ever seen :)

Anyone notice that 'ecomode' needs to be turned on each time you get into the car....had thought it used to stay on?

finneys13 wrote: »

Among the Best Cars of 2020 according to today's Sunday Times. And despite the minimal amount of driving I've been able to do since lockdown I've been very happy with my own.

Among the Best Cars of 2020 according to today's Sunday Times. And despite the minimal amount of driving I've been able to do since lockdown I've been very happy with my own.

Have yet to see a bad review and likewise am very happy with ours. Had an issue with the battery but that appears to be isolated and they did a swap out and we had the demo model to use for the few days the dealer needed ours. Secretly was hoping it was yellow as like the cour but didn't have the balls to order- love our blue one :)

Suprised we've managed to clock up 6,000 km since we got it at the start of July, had a few unexpected trips to Cork and other running around within the county during lockdown.

Hi All

Joined the club this week and picked up our GT Line in Vertigo Blue (such an impressive colour in person)

Just wondering if anyone has had success in setting up the e-remote function on the app

It throws a non helpful error when on the second step of verifying my device

Reading online it might be either that it takes a while for the vehicle to turn up on Peugeots servers or that you need to have clocked up a bit of mileage before it becomes available

Hi All

Joined the club this week and picked up our GT Line in Vertigo Blue (such an impressive colour in person)

Just wondering if anyone has had success in setting up the e-remote function on the app

Welcome to the club! :D . Yes, I've got the e-Remote Control service working on the app - it's been fantastic a few mornings lately during the hard frosts. I can't recall exactly but I do think alright that I had to put some miles on the clock before it would work. Not many though.

Welcome to the club! :D . Yes, I've got the e-Remote Control service working on the app - it's been fantastic a few mornings lately during the hard frosts. I can't recall exactly but I do think alright that I had to put some miles on the clock before it would work. Not many though.

Thanks
    Glad to hear you got it working, I will keep trying at intervals, it is failing at the activation of the smart phone, step 2 of the 3 part process
    The rest of the app seems a bit flaky also

I have just over 50km on it so far

The car itself is great though, good craic to drive and very comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Just wondering .. did those who purchased an e208 get the impression they were in limited supply, tough to get.

Also did you trade in against it, harder to get a fair price for a trade in I think if the dealer thinks "only getting a few of these, need to maximize margin", I know thats the way the tesla dealer works.

• Advertisement

translate this in to english and you'll see delivery wait times of 40 weeks.
    Peugeot are only building small volumes of the e208.
    https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=154

celtic_oz wrote: »
    Just wondering .. did those who purchased an e208 get the impression they were in limited supply, tough to get.

Also did you trade in against it, harder to get a fair price for a trade in I think if the dealer thinks "only getting a few of these, need to maximize margin", I know thats the way the tesla dealer works.

We traded in a 12D Renault for our 202D e208 andwe were happy with what we got. Ordered in April 2020 for delivery in the first week of July. At the time production had slowed down due to COVID, is that part of the reason I wonder?

One thing I would say on the trade in and this is probably always the case but what we found (this was our first brand new car and first EV) they seem to screw you on the trade in what they give you elsewhere (add on features or interest rate on HP etc).

Dunno what they offer for PCP as we wern't interested in that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not sure about full year sales, but in November the e208 was the 8th best selling EV, notably ahead of the Leaf and Niro.

Europe-plug-in-vehicle-sales-November-2020-CleanTechnica.png

translate this in to english and you'll see delivery wait times of 40 weeks.
    Peugeot are only building small volumes of the e208.
    https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=154

so basically going to a dealer in March and expecting a car by May aint happening?

so basically going to a dealer in March and expecting a car by May aint happening?
    May of which year?
    You can ask but delivery date is important so don't sign on the dotted line until you have some clarity and can live with the wait.
    EV world is moving so fast that a better car may have been released by the time you take delivery. The 45Kwh ID3 will eat in to e208 sales once it becomes available to order.

May of which year?
    You can ask but delivery date is important so don't sign on the dotted line until you have some clarity and can live with the wait.
    EV world is moving so fast that a better car may have been released by the time you take delivery. The 45Kwh ID3 will eat in to e208 sales once it becomes available to order.

the 2 cars I'd thought would fit the bill were the 208 and ID3 but not been to a dealer yet , tested a Leaf last Oct, not done any research since

• Advertisement

I'd say your best off contacting a dealer in your local market, we've seen many times that waiting periods in one country do not correlate with those in others.

Thanks
    Glad to hear you got it working, I will keep trying at intervals, it is failing at the activation of the smart phone, step 2 of the 3 part process
    The rest of the app seems a bit flaky also

I have just over 50km on it so far

The car itself is great though, good craic to drive and very comfortable

Just to update on this for anyone else who runs into this issue

It seems that sometimes there are issues communicating with the car so the activation could not get past the second steo

To reset the communication you press the Peugeot and sos buttons down together for 20 seconds

I was able to complete the activation process straight away after and then it just took a few 20 minute and smaller trips to get the climate and battery functions to appear in the app

Though journeys were no longer appearing in the app so I wasn't sure the e-remote functions would activate, not sure if it is connected but they appeared in the app after I used android auto

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So some of these are starting to pop up on the used market, some owner feedback please on Winter/Summer range, fast charging and also App functionality.
    Thanks in advance!!

slave1 wrote: »
    So some of these are starting to pop up on the used market, some owner feedback please on Winter/Summer range, fast charging and also App functionality.
    Thanks in advance!!

Ours is a 201...love it.

Summer range we can get about 300km.....winter drops to probably about 260km although this year hasn't been normal in terms of driving habits because of COVID.

We charge at home now problem, again we'd use free public chargers more but we are not visiting places we normally would with a free charger due to everywhere being closed.

FOr us, the worst bit is the app...don't use it a lot TBH but others may have a better experience.

Just had a quick scan, this (i think) is a pretty good deal for what looks like a demo, list price is €32,650 and they are selling for €29k (assuming as its second hand there are no on road extra costs, maybe there are?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/peugeot/208/fpa/202101097804782?journey=Search

• Advertisement
Advertisement