Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir has a policy of not answering calls that relate to canceling accounts

Options
  • 25-02-2019 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I've tried a number of times to get through on the number that they give for this purpose,  of course  it isn't actually answered. Therefore a customers can't actually communicate their wish to cancel.

It must be a policy that works or they wouldn't implement it.

Has anyone recent experience of complaining to comreg about this?
    It's my intention to seek financial  compensation for my time spent.
    I would very much welcome any assistance,  and I hope that others in my situation will also seek redress.

Eir will only do this while it profits them to do so.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

migrant wrote: »
    I've tried a number of times to get through on the number that they give for this purpose,  of course  it isn't actually answered. Therefore a customers can't actually communicate their wish to cancel.

It must be a policy that works or they wouldn't implement it.

Has anyone recent experience of complaining to comreg about this?
    It's my intention to seek financial  compensation for my time spent.
    I would very much welcome any assistance,  and I hope that others in my situation will also seek redress.

Eir will only do this while it profits them to do so.  
    Hi migrant

We are sorry you have had issues trying to contact us.  eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers. You can cancel your account by writing to the following address which can be found here

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Comreg are just as bad & send you back to ring eir!

Save yourself a lot of grief:

Get a copy of your last bill:

Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:

Eir
    Account cancellation Team,

Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Artifacting

If you're moving to another supplier, you do not need to contact Eir.
    Just get your UAN & phone number (sometimes there may be two UANs if you've VoIP based service).
    Provide those to your new provider and you will move without fuss.

If you're moving mobile service, you just contact your new provider and they'll verify your details, usually with a code texted to your phone that you enter into their website to verify you own the number. Once that's done, you're moved.

A final bill is automatically generated, and your account will close off.

You'll also need to return any equipment - they send out a letter or you can Google "Eir equipment returns" and there's a specific part of their website for that.

(if you put your account number in there, it will generate a barcode to stick on a pack and you can just drop the old modem etc to parcel motel)

They make this as clear as mud with their 30-day notice stuff.

The only time you need to contact Eir is if you're completely ceasing your services e.g. you're moving abroad.

If you're still in contract, you will end up either with the move of service being blocked, or you'll get a bill for the outstanding contract in one lump.

Advertisement