Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tried to change my plan but cannot speak to anyone so now I’d like to leave EIR

• 25-02-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have spent nearly five hours on hold and on chat trying to change my plan, and made a trip to my local store. No one is willing to help. Today your chat representative Logesh has told me I should use the time on hold to ‘reflect’ while listening to the music. He may have two hours to spare sitting on hold but I don’t, so the only thing I’m reflecting on is moving mine and my husbands connections to a different mobile provider.
    I’m on Sim Only. Do I need a code to transfer our numbers? Is there a notice period?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I have spent nearly five hours on hold and on chat trying to change my plan, and made a trip to my local store. No one is willing to help. Today your chat representative Logesh has told me I should use the time on hold to ‘reflect’ while listening to the music. He may have two hours to spare sitting on hold but I don’t, so the only thing I’m reflecting on is moving mine and my husbands connections to a different mobile provider.
    I’m on Sim Only. Do I need a code to transfer our numbers? Is there a notice period?
    Hi Thingymebob, 

Sorry to hear you have been unable to get through to our customer care team. We are aware of the long hold times for our customers. You can find more information here

In order to change your plan you will need to speak to an agent in our customer care team. 

If you wish to cancel your services you can find how to do this here

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Thingymebob

Hi Thingymebob, 

Sorry to hear you have been unable to get through to our customer care team. We are aware of the long hold times for our customers. You can find more information here

In order to change your plan you will need to speak to an agent in our customer care team. 

Grainne

I mean this as respectfully as possible but what on earth are Eir management doing? Yesterday I spent 55 minutes on hold before getting disconnected, this morning yet again the IVR message was ‘Your estimated wait time is over 30 minutes’, yet your online chat staff give conflicting information and/or are not empowered to resolve a problem.

Last week I was told by phone that I could only change plans online. Got bounced around on online chat, got the plan change but only if I changed sim cards as I’m ex-meteor and the new plan can’t be attached to the meteor billing system.

New SIM card didn’t arrive, called customer services Monday and asked to leave it another day. I left it two, still no SIM card.

Contacted online chat to be told everyone’s wrong, no new simcard is required, the plans active already. One, I don’t believe him as I’ve received a letter by post saying I have a new DD mandate, two I want to make sure that there’s been an adjustment for any billing overlap between the two account numbers.

And yet again I’m trapped in an endless circle of hold music.

I can understand why Conor Pope has so many Eir complaints in his Irish Times column.

Please tell me how to solve my issue that doesn’t involve spending more than five minutes on hold. It’s insulting and disrespectful to your customers, and being blunt, without customers you won’t have jobs.

PS almost doubled over in hysterical laughter on Wednesday when a door to door salesman tried to sell us Eir broadband and TV You’ve got to be kidding me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

It took some time for me to do the same.
    Eventually I got on webchat .

The whole EIR Customer Service is an absolute shambles.

EIR shop for first time sales. They cannot help with changing contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi Thingymebob, 

Grainne

I mean this as respectfully as possible but what on earth are Eir management doing? Yesterday I spent 55 minutes on hold before getting disconnected, this morning yet again the IVR message was ‘Your estimated wait time is over 30 minutes’, yet your online chat staff give conflicting information and/or are not empowered to resolve a problem.

Last week I was told by phone that I could only change plans online. Got bounced around on online chat, got the plan change but only if I changed sim cards as I’m ex-meteor and the new plan can’t be attached to the meteor billing system.

New SIM card didn’t arrive, called customer services Monday and asked to leave it another day. I left it two, still no SIM card.

Contacted online chat to be told everyone’s wrong, no new simcard is required, the plans active already. One, I don’t believe him as I’ve received a letter by post saying I have a new DD mandate, two I want to make sure that there’s been an adjustment for any billing overlap between the two account numbers.

And yet again I’m trapped in an endless circle of hold music.

I can understand why Conor Pope has so many Eir complaints in his Irish Times column.

Please tell me how to solve my issue that doesn’t involve spending more than five minutes on hold. It’s insulting and disrespectful to your customers, and being blunt, without customers you won’t have jobs.

PS almost doubled over in hysterical laughter on Wednesday when a door to door salesman tried to sell us Eir broadband and TV You’ve got to be kidding me
    Hi Thingymebob, 

I completely understand the frustration that this has caused you and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

If you could PM the following details I will certainly look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. Mobile Number & PIN
    7. Old Account Number

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement