Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phones

• 25-02-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

We are heading to the US over the Easter Holidays in April.

What do people recommend in relation to mobile phone use in particular Data Roaming etc ?

We have Bill Pay Phones with Eir.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Get your phone unlocked before you go and buy a local AT&T or T-Mobile pre-pay SIM card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

check and see if your phone works on t-mobile network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I buy a red pocket sim before I go so I have it handy when I get there (and I want an American number) but if you don't mind not having it immediately upon touchdown, you'll likely be able to find one of the major brands in-store wherever you go (sometimes they're available in the airport too). As said above, make sure your phone is unlocked and check coverage maps for wherever you're going to find the best network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Get your phone unlocked before you go and buy a local AT&T or T-Mobile pre-pay SIM card.

Will this give you some Data Allowance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I buy a red pocket sim before I go so I have it handy when I get there (and I want an American number)

Where can I buy a Red Pocket SIM?

Just got my unlock code from Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Will this give you some Data Allowance ?

Yes, they all come with a few GB of data.
    $20-30 would see you all set.

SusanC10 wrote:

I get mine from eBay (you might be able to find other network sims if you prefer too...I just stick with what's worked in the past for me)

SusanC10 wrote: »

Just got my unlock code from Eir.

Just double checked and amazon UK are selling them directly from the network as well.

Advertisement