Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying here as last resort

Options
  • 25-02-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

We have 2 phone numbers with Eir. On Friday we rang to have one of those numbers changed to the number that was previously on that line, today we have no phone lines and for some reason we've been changed to stand alone broadband. 
    I rang today thinking it was a technical problem, spoke to Chloe who said both lines have been terminated and we'd need to speak to Customer Care, she transferred us over to Charlotte who didn't seem to know what was going on , after been on hold forever the line was cut off and we're still none the wiser as to why the lines have been terminated as this was not requested by us. 
    Line 1 in our bundle should have remain untouched 
    Line 2 was requested to have the previous number reinstalled on that line. 
    But we've ended up with both lines terminated and stand alone broadband instead. 
    Has anyone any clue whats going on because no one I've spoke to today seems to know and I certainly don't and today I have an office with no incoming calls and a message to callers that the number is unavailable. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Karen23 wrote: »
    We have 2 phone numbers with Eir. On Friday we rang to have one of those numbers changed to the number that was previously on that line, today we have no phone lines and for some reason we've been changed to stand alone broadband. 
    I rang today thinking it was a technical problem, spoke to Chloe who said both lines have been terminated and we'd need to speak to Customer Care, she transferred us over to Charlotte who didn't seem to know what was going on , after been on hold forever the line was cut off and we're still none the wiser as to why the lines have been terminated as this was not requested by us. 
    Line 1 in our bundle should have remain untouched 
    Line 2 was requested to have the previous number reinstalled on that line. 
    But we've ended up with both lines terminated and stand alone broadband instead. 
    Has anyone any clue whats going on because no one I've spoke to today seems to know and I certainly don't and today I have an office with no incoming calls and a message to callers that the number is unavailable. 
    Hi Karen23

I am very sorry about the confusion with your request.  Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to active the lines again through Social Media.  You would have to call our sales department on 6018 to get them to re-provide the lines for you.

Kind regards
    Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Karen23

I am very sorry about the confusion with your request.  Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to active the lines again through Social Media.  You would have to call our sales department on 6018 to get them to re-provide the lines for you.

Kind regards
    Linzi 

Hi Linzi

I understand that you can't activate the lines but is there any chance you can look at the account and see what's going on.
    I rang the sales department and they couldn't do anything as it wasn't a sales query, they put me through to faults department and they couldn't do anything as they didn't consider it a technical issue so they put me through to customer service where a spoke to a very rude agent called Mick who said its only been 3 days that I should really allow at least 5 days for the issue to be resolved. I told him its been a week, not 3 days and we're a public office who's phone lines have been terminated without our consent and this is a huge inconvenience for our business. He assured me it would be back on today at the very latest but we've still no phone.
    In the meantime I've received a letter from Eir confirming my cancellation of services and a label to return equipment. We never cancelled anything. For a communications service, the communication in Eir is shocking.
    It's vital that our office line is restored ASAP and that Eir are informed that we never cancelled any service and don't charge us for the non return of the equipment.

Still no phones this morning, that's the second Monday since we were told 3 days although why it takes 3 days when it was wrongly terminated by the flick of a switch is beyond me.
    A working office with no phone since Friday 22 February is totally unacceptable and no one in Eir seems bothered by the huge inconvenience they've caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Wow, I thought business customers would get better treatment than the great unwashed.

I'd lodge an email complaint to ccm@eir.ie.

Demand an official ComReg complaint number, they won't want to give it to you but keep after them.

I know this may sound like a longer term solution but getting a complaint number gets you up the queue.

Also when I get lousy service I email, fax, register post,  the chief exec.

Michael Dell famously took a deep interest in any mail that was addressed to Michael.dell@dell.com.

I don't  know if Carolan Lennon monitors her public email address but what have you got to loose.

Putting complaints in writing is important.  That's why companies love to get you on the phone.

Ultimately you could threaten to parade outside Eir headquarters with big sign.

How about "Eir stop putting businesses out of business."

Let us know how you get on.

Still no phones this morning, that's the second Monday since we were told 3 days although why it takes 3 days when it was wrongly terminated by the flick of a switch is beyond me.
    A working office with no phone since Friday 22 February is totally unacceptable and no one in Eir seems bothered by the huge inconvenience they've caused.
    Hi Karen23

I am very sorry about the problems you have been having.  Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to assist you with this issue through Social Media.  As this is a business account, you would need to speak to the relevant business department.  Please click here to view our eir business support page, for more ways to contact us.

Kind regards

Linzi

• Advertisement

Hi Karen23

I am very sorry about the problems you have been having.  Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to assist you with this issue through Social Media.  As this is a business account, you would need to speak to the relevant business department.  Please click here to view our eir business support page, for more ways to contact us.

Kind regards

Linzi

We've tried all those numbers over the last week, which is why my post is titled 'Trying here as a last resort', no one has been able to help as no one can figure out why our lines were terminated.
    The last guy Mick I spoke basically told me to stop ringing, it's only been 3 days and will be back when it's back.

Just to add, our number is no longer recognised when ringing Eir and going through the process of giving the last 4 digits of our phone number and our online account is no longer accessible as it says we're no longer a customer.
    How getting a previous number ported back on to a new line has caused all this mess is beyond me.

Just to add, our number is no longer recognised when ringing Eir and going through the process of giving the last 4 digits of our phone number and our online account is no longer accessible as it says we're no longer a customer.
    How getting a previous number ported back on to a new line has caused all this mess is beyond me.
    Hi Karen23

My sincerest apologies but we don't have access to business accounts here.  You would need to contact the business section.

Kind regards

Linzi

Hi Karen23

My sincerest apologies but we don't have access to business accounts here.  You would need to contact the business section.

Kind regards

Linzi

If I pm you the account number can you check if its listed as a business account as the premises was previously a residential property which has been renovated

Hi Karen23

Kind regards

Linzi

If I pm you the account number can you check if its listed as a business account as the premises was previously a residential property which has been renovated
    Hi Karen23

I have replied to your pm

Thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement

I've sent another pm.
    Still no phones, 9 working days for a public office without a phone line is just madness.
    I bet those 9 days won't be credited to our account for no service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've sent another pm.
    Still no phones, 9 working days for a public office without a phone line is just madness.
    I bet those 9 days won't be credited to our account for no service.
    I'm having a similar problem.

Our line was terminated on Tuesday the 25th of Feb, we were moving to Vodafone, but Eir call us and offered us a 'Win back ' contract. We canceled Vodafone, but Eir still cut us off. Full termination, our account was closed and everything and we had to put in a new order for our line. 

We have no phone line since then. It's a business run from home. 

I have called daily, no one on the telephone has any access to the systems they used to have, you now need to email into that team, but they are seriously behind. 

I am sorry to say, there is a real chance you could lose your number if you don't get reconnected soon. There is a real chance that your number could be given out to a new line connected any day. 

I called and demanded an official complaint number. Once you have that call ComReg, its the only way, but I still don't have a resolution. 

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Our line was terminated on Tuesday the 25th of Feb, we were moving to Vodafone, but Eir call us and offered us a 'Win back ' contract. We canceled Vodafone, but Eir still cut us off. Full termination, our account was closed and everything and we had to put in a new order for our line. 

I have called daily, no one on the telephone has any access to the systems they used to have, you now need to email into that team, but they are seriously behind. 

I am sorry to say, there is a real chance you could lose your number if you don't get reconnected soon. There is a real chance that your number could be given out to a new line connected any day. 

I called and demanded an official complaint number. Once you have that call ComReg, its the only way, but I still don't have a resolution. 

I must've been commenting on your post while you were commenting here.

It's shockingly bad. We'd have just moved suppliers had we known we'd be without a phone for any time never mind 9 days. We'd have been well up and running with someone else by now.
    We're giving it until end of business tomorrow for both lines to be fully working otherwise it will be cancellation with immediate effect from Eir and we'll be requesting a refund of the direct debit they've charged us for a service we haven't received.
    Our line was terminated on Friday 22 February. Two full weeks in an office without a phone is disgraceful, we're listening to complaints from people for something that's beyond our control.

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I must've been commenting on your post while you were commenting here.

It's shockingly bad. We'd have just moved suppliers had we known we'd be without a phone for any time never mind 9 days. We'd have been well up and running with someone else by now.
    We're giving it until end of business tomorrow for both lines to be fully working otherwise it will be cancellation with immediate effect from Eir and we'll be requesting a refund of the direct debit they've charged us for a service we haven't received.
    Our line was terminated on Friday 22 February. Two full weeks in an office without a phone is disgraceful, we're listening to complaints from people for something that's beyond our control.
    Hi Karen23

I have sent you a pm

Thanks

Linzi

Broadband has now also been terminated and we got a text confirming the cancellation of our account and fees will incur as we cancelled while in contract. We never cancelled anything, we've been trying to have service restored after it was terminated through Eirs incompetence.

We're on working day 10 of no phones in our office and now no broadband either. Our office can't work without this service.

I've totalled up the amount of time on the phone to Eir (nothing else to do in work with no service)
    Since Friday 22 February we've spent a total of 9 hours on the phone to Eir trying to resolve this problem caused by no fault of our own.
    9 hours, more than one full working day wasted, that's without the inconvenience we've had to our office, loss of work and business over 10 days.
    9 hours of phone calls and not one person in Eir with the ability to reactivate a line that they turned off and then have the neck to send a text about charges we'll incur for cancelling something we never cancelled.

Are we going to waste another day on the phone to Eir with no resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Gather together all costs associated with their mess up along with potential future loss of business and send in a solicitors letter see how they respond then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I often read these Eir threads and thank my lucky stars I have nothing to do with them, the most appalling service, actually in most cases, no service at all which one pays dearly for.

"Gather together all costs associated with their mess up along with potential future loss of business and send in a solicitors letter see how they respond then."

Read the Eir's T&C's about liability limitation. As you would expect they are liable for nothing.

A solicitors letter, are you for real!

Eir will be quaking in their boots when they get a solicitors letter!
    When they ignore the letter what will the solicitor do, send another strongly worded letter!

Solicitors letters are worse than useless with big organizations like Eir because they give you the illusion that they will make something happen. They might possibly get the attention of a small business but not Eir.

The reps here do their best but they are up against institutional arrogance.

ComReg is the only chance of getting action. Even the regulator is limited, they can't go into the exchange and fix the problem.
    They should be allowed to charge Eir per day for screws up like this.

Critical that you get an official complaint number as early as possible because this type of problem nearly always get worse.

I'm still inclined to go to the top, Carolan Lennon's email is easily available on the net.

I'm on to customer support at the moment, the agent doesn't know what a complaint number is, she's looking for a phone number for me

Give me strength

• Advertisement

3 and half hours later Gavin has insisted a new installation is required, despite the fact that a technician was here 2 days ago and said this call out was unnecessary as the installation is complete, activation is all that's required.
    However we now have installation confirmed for Wednesday 13 March and advised it can take another 5 days after that for activation bringing us to 18 working days with no phones in the office.

3 and half hours later Gavin has insisted a new installation is required, despite the fact that a technician was here 2 days ago and said this call out was unnecessary as the installation is complete, activation is all that's required.
    However we now have installation confirmed for Wednesday 13 March and advised it can take another 5 days after that for activation bringing us to 18 working days with no phones in the office.
    Hi Karen23

I have sent you a pm.

Thanks

Linzi

I sent an email to the CEO this morning and we got a call this afternoon from a supervisor called Sophie. She had to read through the notes upon notes on our account. She can only apologise but can't understand where everything went wrong. Best she can do is move the installation up to Tuesday instead of Wednesday and gave us her direct line to contact her if we still have no line by Wednesday.
    Fingers crossed

I sent an email to the CEO this morning and we got a call this afternoon from a supervisor called Sophie. She had to read through the notes upon notes on our account. She can only apologise but can't understand where everything went wrong. Best she can do is move the installation up to Tuesday instead of Wednesday and gave us her direct line to contact her if we still have no line by Wednesday.
    Fingers crossed
    Ok Karen23

Thank you for letting me know. 

Regards 

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh god, I can't believe you are still without a line! 

I was told Friday that if we had a business line, we could have been connected quicker, obviously not. 

We have been promised faithfully (again) we will have a line tomorrow. 

It's now 10 days since I made the initial complaint to Comreg, so now they are willing to get involved. 

Well fare dues to Carolan Lennon for helping to resolve the issue.
    I'm all for going to the top before dragging ComReg into the issue.

Not all Chief Exec's are bothered, I'm pretty sure an email to Michael O'Leary in Ryanair would not garner a call.

The proper escalation process seems to be:
    1. Request the service, one or maybe two failures ask the reps here to see if they can get it fixed.
    2. No joy escalate to Chief Exec to email.
    3. No joy with chief exec escalate to ComReg.

Hopefully as Eir gets it's call centres and tag system running the service will start to meet normal standards of customer support.

Manager Sophie said the best she could do was move our installation from Wednesday to Tuesday, great, until we get a text today to say "You're installation is scheduled for Wednesday".
    We tried ringing Sophie 3 times today on the "direct line" she gave us only for the calls to be answered in Cork and they Sophie is based in Dublin, so we asked for our call to be transferred to her office but apparently this can't be done, all they can do is email her asking her to contact us. 3 agents did this today but no call came. I'm not holding my breath for a technician showing up tomorrow.

Oh and no agent has been able to supply us with a complaint number, they've never heard of it apparently

"Oh and no agent has been able to supply us with a complaint number, they've never heard of it apparently"

Eir's code of practice states:

"If the supervisor is unable to resolve your issue..........
    at which point we will issue you with a unique complaint reference number."

You'd expect agents would  be familiar with Eirs own code of practice for complaints which is 

helpfully  found on https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

It's all of six paragraphs and should take about 5 minutes to read.

• Advertisement

Update: Sophie the complaints executive was unable to move our installation to today but promised definitely tomorrow, it's on the docket. This was confirmed again this morning.

Today, a text from Eir "Your installation for 13 March has been cancelled and rescheduled for 19 March". A whole working week away. Rang Sophie, she doesn't know the reason for the cancellation and doesn't know if she can do anything to change it.

I'm actually at a loss for words at this stage.

Advertisement