Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying here as last resort

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

PLEASE, someone take this on and get it sorted, we've been more than patient and messed around unbelievably by Eir.
    Eir should be doing everything in the power to get our service back on asap instead of continuing to mess us around.
    We're using my phones hot-spot to check emails, this is an office and trying to work like this is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭leche solara

Well clearly your contacting the CEO was a waste of time.  She just fobbed it off to a minion and didn't give your problem a further thought.  Very poor form from a CEO of a company that claims to recognise its customer service shortcomings.  Nobody is willing to take ownership of your issue and nobody is accountable.  What a shambles of a company.  You know that when/if this matter ever gets sorted out, and if you haven't lost the will to live, you will then have to start a whole new chapter on seeking recompense for the loss of service you have endured.  They will fight you all the way on this too.  Is there no alternative provider you could go to?

Well clearly your contacting the CEO was a waste of time.  She just fobbed it off to a minion and didn't give your problem a further thought.  Very poor form from a CEO of a company that claims to recognise its customer service shortcomings.  Nobody is willing to take ownership of your issue and nobody is accountable.  What a shambles of a company.  You know that when/if this matter ever gets sorted out, and if you haven't lost the will to live, you will then have to start a whole new chapter on seeking recompense for the loss of service you have endured.  They will fight you all the way on this too.  Is there no alternative provider you could go to?

Virgin and Vodafone both wanted at least 2 grand to install new lines after coming out to do a survey of the premises.
    At this stage I'm sorry we didn't just pay the 2 grand and be done with it.
    I honestly can't understand how a company with so many complaints and such a bad reputation is still operating or haven't at least been made to answer to a proper complaints commission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

If you have broadband, you can buy a local Irish number (Cork, Dublin, Limerick, Galway or Waterford) instantly for €57 a year from Skype.

I have used one for years. Works a treat.

Has the nice advantage that you or anyone you want can bring your landline with you.

Copper lines are going away, everything will migrate to VOB (Voice Over Broadband) over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Karen, with your permission, I can pass your details on to the press contact I have.
    Pm me if this is of any use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Karen23 wrote: »
    PLEASE, someone take this on and get it sorted, we've been more than patient and messed around unbelievably by Eir.
    Eir should be doing everything in the power to get our service back on asap instead of continuing to mess us around.
    We're using my phones hot-spot to check emails, this is an office and trying to work like this is impossible.
    I have sent you a pm Karen23

Thanks

Linzi

Update: I can't actually believe it, we have a phone line!!!

Unfortunately I can't thank the CEO, the complaints manager, any of the countless customer service agents we've been passed to over the last four weeks or anyone in tech support.

It was a chance meeting with a friend who knows someone, who knows someone else in Eir and made a phone call to him on our behalf, within half an hour the phone was on. He told us there was absolutely no issue with the line, it was simply awaiting activation.
    We did tell him that we've explained this to every single person we've spoken to but they kept insisting on making pointless appointments to send technicians out.

Business can resume tomorrow and the mountain of catch up work can be started.
    Next begins the official complaint process and seeking compensation, I don't think anyone in Eir understands the inconvenience and enormity of the problem their incompetence has caused to our business.

Leaving a business without phone or broadband for 18 working days when the problem could be fixed within minutes by eventually speaking to someone who actually knows how to do their job is beyond crazy.

I would not recommend Eir to my worst enemy because no one should be put through what we have over the last few weeks and how Eir as a company haven't been made to answer for the unbelievable amount of unhappy customers is beyond me.

Update: I can't actually believe it, we have a phone line!!!

Unfortunately I can't thank the CEO, the complaints manager, any of the countless customer service agents we've been passed to over the last four weeks or anyone in tech support.

It was a chance meeting with a friend who knows someone, who knows someone else in Eir and made a phone call to him on our behalf, within half an hour the phone was on. He told us there was absolutely no issue with the line, it was simply awaiting activation.
    We did tell him that we've explained this to every single person we've spoken to but they kept insisting on making pointless appointments to send technicians out.

Business can resume tomorrow and the mountain of catch up work can be started.
    Next begins the official complaint process and seeking compensation, I don't think anyone in Eir understands the inconvenience and enormity of the problem their incompetence has caused to our business.

Leaving a business without phone or broadband for 18 working days when the problem could be fixed within minutes by eventually speaking to someone who actually knows how to do their job is beyond crazy.

I would not recommend Eir to my worst enemy because no one should be put through what we have over the last few weeks and how Eir as a company haven't been made to answer for the unbelievable amount of unhappy customers is beyond me.
    Hi Karen23

I am glad this issue has been resolved and sincerest apologies from eir for the inconvenience this has caused to yourself. 

Regards

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Hi Linzi,

Can you explain what activation actually is, in simple steps?

It sound like it is someone inputting information into a computer
    and setting up a link between pieces of hardware and a customer account.

I'm assuming that it takes place after all the physical lines are in place.

Is there any element of physical work involved?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

paddy19 wrote: »
    Hi Linzi,

Can you explain what activation actually is, in simple steps?

It sound like it is someone inputting information into a computer
    and setting up a link between pieces of hardware and a customer account.

I'm assuming that it takes place after all the physical lines are in place.

Is there any element of physical work involved?

Thanks

Now if they struggle understanding a complaint number I think her head may spin trying to work out what activation means...

• Advertisement

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Karen23

I am glad this issue has been resolved and sincerest apologies from eir for the inconvenience this has caused to yourself. 

Regards

Linzi

Thanks Linzi

I know you genuinely tried to help and I appreciate it.

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Karen23

Regards

Linzi

Thanks Linzi

I know you genuinely tried to help and I appreciate it.
    Thank you Karen23

Quick question Linzi

Can someone on the online chat add a mailbox service to our landline or do I have to ring customer care and spend more time on hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Quick question Linzi

Can someone on the online chat add a mailbox service to our landline or do I have to ring customer care and spend more time on hold?
    Hi Karen23, 

Our online chat team are able to add a mailbox for you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement