Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there Eir broadband issues today?

• 25-02-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

A customer of ours has reported that they cannot access a number of sites including Gmail, and we cannot ping Google's DNS server from their site either. However, they do have access to most other websites though, so the broadband line is actually up. I have traced the problem, and it seems that one particular router doesn't seem to know the way back to the site. 

I am currently on hold for about 40 minutes trying to speak to someone. But anybody confirm that Eir are in fact having problems today? In Dublin West. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 iusha12

Yes I’m having problems aswell can’t acces some websites, changed to google dns can acces some but still not all websites.Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Rang the main number 1890 260260 and got a human after 30 minutes who told me that I'd called the wrong number and that I was in malicious calls, and then routed me to the start of the queue for tech support. Go through to tech support who told me that because there was no name on the account I had to ring customer care, add my name as a contact and then ring tech support again. Such a waste of time. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

there are in enfield, on and off all evening.

Ok so i logged in to my Eir account and went to the report fault button.

I am logged in now yeah so they know who i am and my account details. They present me with a form for name , address, account number and reference a 2 day window for response.

If that isn't a PFO then what is?

What is the story here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I'm also experiencing problems in West Dublin since Sunday night. Very similar to what was described above.

I logged a fault. Not much else to do. From some of the posts here, looks like Eir's support has gone to pot since the last time I had to use them.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

A customer of ours has reported that they cannot access a number of sites including Gmail, and we cannot ping Google's DNS server from their site either. However, they do have access to most other websites though, so the broadband line is actually up. I have traced the problem, and it seems that one particular router doesn't seem to know the way back to the site. 

I am currently on hold for about 40 minutes trying to speak to someone. But anybody confirm that Eir are in fact having problems today? In Dublin West. 
    iusha12 wrote: »
    Yes I’m having problems aswell can’t acces some websites, changed to google dns can acces some but still not all websites.Dublin
    there are in enfield, on and off all evening.

Ok so i logged in to my Eir account and went to the report fault button.

I am logged in now yeah so they know who i am and my account details. They present me with a form for name , address, account number and reference a 2 day window for response.

If that isn't a PFO then what is?

What is the story here?
    3rdDegree wrote: »
    I'm also experiencing problems in West Dublin since Sunday night. Very similar to what was described above.

I logged a fault. Not much else to do. From some of the posts here, looks like Eir's support has gone to pot since the last time I had to use them.

Thanks
    Hi all, 

Sorry to hear you are all having problems with your broadband. 

I would advise contacting our technical team to get this investigated. You can call this team on 1890260260 or alternatively, you can contact our online technical team here

You can also find details on how to log a fault here

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne, 

We rang Customer Care this morning, as tech support wont speak to me without a contact name on the account, but can't get through. 
    Can you confirm that there are issues on the Eir network, as my boss wants is looking at replacing the hardware here to try to replace the problem and I don't think there is anything wrong with the on site hardware. 

thanks, 

My colleague got through to support and they said that there is a DNS problem. Looks more like a routing problem to me. All the domain names are being resolved correctly, but the traffic is not being router correctly. 

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Vasiok

Still having problems with eir for two days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 iusha12

Me too, still having problems. Anyone find a solution or something? Changed to gooogles dns in router setting still same shi t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Vasiok wrote: »
    Me too, still having problems. Anyone find a solution or something? Changed to gooogles dns in router setting still same shi t
    I was having the same issues in West Dublin since Sunday. Its working fine this morning. I did log a fault yesterday and they said they would ring me back but never did.

Same problem here this morning as well. I can't ping the Google DNS server 8.8.8.8 at all, and still no access to Gmail. I can ping it from another Eir connection. My thoughts are there are routing issues between particular parts of the Eir network and parts of the Internet, particularly Google sites. 

At this stage I am going to set a proxy server. 

My colleague got through to support and they said that there is a DNS problem. Looks more like a routing problem to me. All the domain names are being resolved correctly, but the traffic is not being router correctly. 
    Same problem here this morning as well. I can't ping the Google DNS server 8.8.8.8 at all, and still no access to Gmail. I can ping it from another Eir connection. My thoughts are there are routing issues between particular parts of the Eir network and parts of the Internet, particularly Google sites. 

At this stage I am going to set a proxy server. 
    Hi All, 

I have been advised that there was a problem in west Dublin area. 

This is due to be resolved this evening at 6. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

Back up and running here. 

Back up and running here. 
    Glad to hear that jeremyj1968, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Grainne

I am still having issues and now the phone is not working as well. 

I am still having issues and now the phone is not working as well. 
    Hi vasiok, 

If you contact our technical team on 1890260260 or our online technical team here they will be able to investigate this for you

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'm in Cork and braodband has been very skethcy for the last few days. Its down there now again, what is going on?

Contacted them a few times already. Lucan experiences downtime. But it has beed like this for last 3 days already and they don't even have any idea of at least some estimates of when it will get fixed. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Contacted them a few times already. Lucan experiences downtime. But it has beed like this for last 3 days already and they don't even have any idea of at least some estimates of when it will get fixed. 

Lucan back since earlier this evening.

• Advertisement

pbirney wrote: »

Glad to hear this is resolved. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Grainne

Hm... Not for me ((. My internet is working the same, only some web sites are working and the phone is still dead :(

Hm... Not for me ((. My internet is working the same, only some web sites are working and the phone is still dead :(
    Hi Vasiok, 

I would advise contacting our technical team about your phone and they will be able to investigate what the problem is. 

They can be contacted by calling 1890260260 or our online technical team here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement