Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick leave from work implications when in middle of buying a house

Options
  • 25-02-2019 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Gone sale agreed, not quite at the stage of drawing down the mortgage yet, what are the implications of taking sick leave from work right in the middle of the house buying process? Would it effect my mortgage application with the bank or my mortgage protection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

An important part of it would be whether this a few days because you have a chest infection or 6+ months because you have cancer.

I suspect the bank with demand health / life insurance or other assurances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PJOH

H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Do you have the loan pack issued? If so, then the bank won't care as long as you close within the period of the loan pack.

Do you have the mortgage protection approved? If so, then make sure you don't let the approval expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

When we got our mortgage protection offer, there was something in the letter that said you must notify the insurance company of any material changes in circumstances that might occur before the policy starts. As the poster above said, it kind of depends on what type/length of sick leave you're looking at. If it's anything that might affect your mortgage protection insurance you'll have to let them know though (of course you can not tell them, but then you risk your cover being essentially useless in the future).

Advertisement