Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

injector light on

Options
  • 25-02-2019 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

:confused:
    i have a fiat ducato 2.8 jtd
    make fiat c1
    model riviera 141
    first registered 2001
    made 2001
    all is going well no fumes or smoke engine running very smooth no lack of power etc etc
    i bought a diagnostic tester to c if i could find out why light is on but i cant find the connecter that is supposed to be in the cab under the steering wheel or in that general area i first noticed the light on when i was checking the fuses to see why my heater fan was not working i changed the fuse because it had blown
    it was only after. that i noticed the light on so it could have been on before that incident but i thought i would have noticed it on but maybe not its a small light
    so does anybody know where id find this diagnostic connecter i now what it should loo like similar to the scart connector on a tv but nothing loos remotely like that in the cab so i checked under the bonnet and same result has anybody got any ideas
    i can submit the chassis number to anybody if they now how to verify year of manufacture in case if was different than the year it was first registered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

:confused:
    i have a fiat ducato 2.8 jtd
    make fiat c1
    model riviera 141
    first registered 2001
    made 2001
    all is going well no fumes or smoke engine running very smooth no lack of power etc etc
    i bought a diagnostic tester to c if i could find out why light is on but i cant find the connecter that is supposed to be in the cab under the steering wheel or in that general area i first noticed the light on when i was checking the fuses to see why my heater fan was not working i changed the fuse because it had blown
    it was only after. that i noticed the light on so it could have been on before that incident but i thought i would have noticed it on but maybe not its a small light
    so does anybody know where id find this diagnostic connecter i now what it should loo like similar to the scart connector on a tv but nothing loos remotely like that in the cab so i checked under the bonnet and same result has anybody got any ideas
    i can submit the chassis number to anybody if they now how to verify year of manufacture in case if was different than the year it was first registered

2001 model had a 3 pin connector near the fuel filter. You need 3 pin adapter cable, also that era van is not obd compliant so you need multiecuscan, alfaobd or a professional kit.

This should do the trick.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-USB-3-PIN-OBD2-II-KKL-409-1-Diagnostic-lead-Works-MultiEcuScan-V4-3/192453027995?hash=item2ccf18289b:g:gNQAAOSw4Qdaf5fH:rk:64:pf:0

• Registered Users Posts: 28 amazingannieb

can u explain about and what is a multiecuscan, alfaobd and can i purchase a cable to link 3 prong pin connecter to my connecter

oh i see what you mean ill have a look thank you autumnalcore

also that era van is not obd compliant
    what does that mean im a novice sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

It means a universal / generic code reader wont work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement