Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non payment of rent.

Options
  • 25-02-2019 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi. I have a tenant who is in receipt of disability allowance and rent allowance has been getting paid by the social welfare. However he is not paying his rent to me. Is there anybody that I can report him to? Social welfare or anybody like that. He is a few months behind and has excuses every time I look for the rent. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

If you report to social you would get nothing from them and with GDPr they will not speak to you.
    If you know for definate that he has kept the rent then you have to give him notice now.
    Give 14days notice and on the 15th if you have received nothing then 28days notice to leave. If they have not paid the full amount by the 14th they will be out. They have to see you mean business or they will continue with what they are doing.
    Go onto rtb website and use the templates there.
    If he is a new tenant act fast as he will not change.
    Hope you got a deposit.

Advertisement