Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult Neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

jamer11 wrote: »
    If the guards were there for a noise related issue I would have thought the interaction would have been over and done with in 90 seconds. The gardai were inside for about 20 minutes. I asked the guards when they came out if there was anything the matter or if there was something we, as neighbours, should be concerned about. They told me that they can't comment on why they go into any houses.

I know I am probably being being overly nosy but we have a young family and are a bit intimidated by the number of people they have coming and going and the general antisocial behavior. Do I have any right to know if there is something illegal going on in our neighbours house? Should I be asking the landlord if there is something going on in there?

Short answer - you don't have any right to know why the gardaí were there, or what they were doing until such time as it comes up in court and appears in the papers (if it's a criminal matter). You can certainly ask the landlord, but he may not know, and doesn't have to tell you even if he does.

Gardaí could be in a house for 20+ minutes for a whole bunch of reasons, including delivering bad news to/about an occupant.

Advertisement