Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Waste Removal

• 26-02-2019 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Good morning all,

I have to do some work in the garden and as wondering if any of you may have already faced the dilemma that I now find myself in.

I have recently removed my old decking and plan to dig up part of the garden to install paving. Approx 20 sqm of earth at 5 inches to be removed.

The question I have is would it be cheaper to hire a skip to dispose of the earth and decking or get in contact with one of the local waste disposal guys.

Trying to keep expenses to a minimum so all suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
    LC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

raise the level of the rest of the garden by a couple of inches. Just spread out what you are digging out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It's topsoil and people will pay for good topsoil, at the very least you should be able to have someone collect it for free.

Stick an advertisement in a local newsletter.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

For the topsoil put an ad in Adverts available for free, take a picture of it as well.

For the wood Mungret recycling take it and also Thomas O Neill in Castleconnell takes all types of woods for a fee where they weight it, small cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Mungret for the decking OR chop it up for firewood? Topsoil.. maybe spread it out as mentioned above.

Don't pay any of those 'rubbish removal' robbers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

For the topsoil put an ad in Adverts available for free, take a picture of it as well.

For the wood Mungret recycling take it and also Thomas O Neill in Castleconnell takes all types of woods for a fee where they weight it, small cost.

They won't take treated wood in Mungret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

They won't take treated wood in Mungret.

Are you sure?

I know they didn't take it when they opened first but since then they've taken it bit I haven't tried it recently.

phog wrote: »
    Are you sure?

I know they didn't take it when they opened first but since then they've taken it bit I haven't tried it recently.

Yeah i had some on the trailer last time i was out there and they guy said that they didn't take it. He actually followed me around to ensure that I didn't lump it out anyway :)

Advertisement