Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with BCMS

• 26-02-2019 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I am hoping someone can help me here. the plans i submitted were very detailed and they included what i have highlighted below, i am opting out but because i am new to this i am confused about what they want. i have been told by the engineer that the planning drawings i have, have all the details they are looking for and i am quite frustrated because the builder says i need builders drawings but the engineer says they are planning drawings/building drawings in one.
    this is what i got from them

Fingal County Council, as the Building Control Authority, hereby notifies you, in accordance with Article 20F(5), that the Commencement Notice submission, as referenced above, requires Revised Information or additional documentation, as listed. The Revised Information must be returned to the Building Control Authority on or before the 28/02/2019.

The Planning Register Reference on this application is *******NOT pb****** which is the Decision to Grant Permission for all Decisions dated the 28/8/2018 in Fingal County Council. We need drawings showing Compliance with the Building Regulations ie. General Arrangement Drawings plans, sections (which include roof wall and foundation make up) and elevations which are not Issued for Planning Purposes. There are only 3 pages in the Commencement Notice Document. Please remove the Commencement Notice document and input Planning Register Reference on the Commencement Notice and re-upload it as a 3 page document. Remove the Opt Out of Statutory Certification and input the Planning Register Reference on it.

Yours Sincerely,

can i have some advice please>?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I am hoping someone can help me here. the plans i submitted were very detailed and they included what i have highlighted below, i am opting out but because i am new to this i am confused about what they want. i have been told by the engineer that the planning drawings i have, have all the details they are looking for and i am quite frustrated because the builder says i need builders drawings but the engineer says they are planning drawings/building drawings in one.
    this is what i got from them

Fingal County Council, as the Building Control Authority, hereby notifies you, in accordance with Article 20F(5), that the Commencement Notice submission, as referenced above, requires Revised Information or additional documentation, as listed. The Revised Information must be returned to the Building Control Authority on or before the 28/02/2019.

The Planning Register Reference on this application is *******NOT pb****** which is the Decision to Grant Permission for all Decisions dated the 28/8/2018 in Fingal County Council. We need drawings showing Compliance with the Building Regulations ie. General Arrangement Drawings plans, sections (which include roof wall and foundation make up) and elevations which are not Issued for Planning Purposes. There are only 3 pages in the Commencement Notice Document. Please remove the Commencement Notice document and input Planning Register Reference on the Commencement Notice and re-upload it as a 3 page document. Remove the Opt Out of Statutory Certification and input the Planning Register Reference on it.

Yours Sincerely,

can i have some advice please>?

1. Common Issue - People put the wrong info the planning register box. Often they put the decision order number or some other and not the official planning reference. Check this and compare against what you submitted.

2. Do the drawings have a stamp on them stating "not for construction, planning issue only"? If so, then you need "For Construction" drawings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

kceire wrote: »
    1. Common Issue - People put the wrong info the planning register box. Often they put the decision order number or some other and not the official planning reference. Check this and compare against what you submitted.

2. Do the drawings have a stamp on them stating "not for construction, planning issue only"? If so, then you need "For Construction" drawings

wow thanks very much, so its bureaucracy, ill get that sorted now and yes they do have that on them so i am getting the guy to fix that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wow thanks very much, so its bureaucracy, ill get that sorted now and yes they do have that on them so i am getting the guy to fix that

Nope not Bureaucracy.

1. The Wrong Planning Reference is an error on your behalf, not the Councils. The Building Control Section is separate to the Planning Section so they cannot do a search reference without the correct Planning number that you should be providing. Its typed in black and white on the documentation in front of you in fairness.

2. Planning issue drawings are not construction drawings. I wouldn't accept them either to be fair. The drawings have to be for construction. Planning and Building Control requirements are different.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

just fixing the title of the drawing may not be good enough for the council

you are required to submit "building regulation compliant drawings" at CN stage....
    so maybe the council have deemed the drawings dont adequately describe how the build will comply with building regulations.

is there any way i could post some of them here for your perusal or pm them to someone to verify?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

is there any way i could post some of them here for your perusal or pm them to someone to verify?

sure , pm me and ill give you my email

email sent cheers

Advertisement