If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV question

Options
  • 26-02-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Have googled quite a bit and read up but have a few questions before buying.

1.. You are selling the 55 oled LG and sonos beam for 1699. Is the TV the OLED55B8SLC??

You just call it 55B8s, and reading online suggests there's different versions (such as PLA?).

2) I've kind of decided on the TV (assuming it's the OLED55B8SLC), but just wondering if you'd recommend anything else for the same price (so take away sound bar price). I'm sitting around 12/14 feet or so from the TV, which will be wall mounted and angled down slightly. I can't justify a 65 oled, but wondering whether a 65 standard led TV would be a better bet??

Thanks! Will ring to order in next day or so.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,

Have googled quite a bit and read up but have a few questions before buying.

1.. You are selling the 55 oled LG and sonos beam for 1699. Is the TV the OLED55B8SLC??

You just call it 55B8s, and reading online suggests there's different versions (such as PLA?).

2) I've kind of decided on the TV (assuming it's the OLED55B8SLC), but just wondering if you'd recommend anything else for the same price (so take away sound bar price). I'm sitting around 12/14 feet or so from the TV, which will be wall mounted and angled down slightly.  I can't justify a 65 oled, but wondering whether a 65 standard led TV would be a better bet??  

Thanks!  Will ring to order in next day or so.
    Hi Wersal Gummage.

1. Yes the OLED TV in the Sonos Beam Bundle is the LG 55B8SLC or 55B8S for short.
    There is a PLA version but it is not listed on our website.

We can offer the same deal with the 55B8PLA as both the 55B8SLC and 55B8PLA are the same price.

2. If it was me I would stay with the 55" OLED rather than a 65" LED. The difference in picture quality between OLED and LED is significant.
    Do you require the bracket for mounting or do you already have this yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Thanks.

Will probably just order online given that clarification.

I picked up a mount in a local store, sanus I think. I plan to get another sanus mount for the sonus beam, apparently the mount attaches to the TV mount and means when the TV tilts the sound bar will also tilt

Thanks.

Will probably just order online given that clarification.

I picked up a mount in a local store, sanus I think. I plan to get another sanus mount for the sonus beam, apparently the mount attaches to the TV mount and means when the TV tilts the sound bar will also tilt
    Hey Wersal Gummage.

No problem at all ordering online.

There is a bracket for the Beam which attaches to a Sanus bracket the WSSBM1 priced at 59.99 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203614-sanus-beam-tv-mount-wssbm1-tv-wall-bracket-for-sonos-beam.aspx

I'll keep my eye out for your order and process it as quickly as possible for you.

Just spotted the bracket there thanks. It's slightly cheaper in the local Harvey Norman so will get it separately. Cheers

Just spotted the bracket there thanks. It's slightly cheaper in the local Harvey Norman so will get it separately. Cheers
    Hey Wersal Gummage.

Let me know there price and I can offer it cheaper ;)

• Advertisement

Hey Wersal Gummage.

Thanks the one.
    I can offer it to you with the TV for 40 Euro :)

Great, I'll ring in the morning, or can you send me some code or something to do purchase online at that price?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Wersal Gummage,

that has now been reduced to €39 including shipping now for you here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203614-sanus-beam-tv-mount-wssbm1-tv-wall-bracket-for-sonos-beam.aspx

Thanks WG and as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks WG!

Spotted that - we will get that sorted for you asap.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

That delivery arrived quickly and all good. Set up the TV and speaker last weekend, all good. Have a problem with the sonos though. Every time I turn the TV off and then turn it back on, the sonos no longer works. Have spent hours fiddling around with it, can get it to work but generally only after unplugging the beam for 10 seconds, removing the hdmi connection, putting the hdmi back and then plugging back in.... Same again though when I turn TV off next time! Have googled it and there seems to be no end of similar problems online.

Have you come across this at all?

I have the sonos connected to arc hdmi,
    I have tv output set to arc,
    I have simplink turned on,
    I get the sonos screen saver when I change input to hdmi /arc,
    I can play music through the sonos no problem (I have gone into the app and set it back to TV),

No joy! Only thing that works is unplugging and disconnection and going through that every time!

Grateful for any advice if you've encountered it.

Hi folks,

That delivery arrived quickly and all good. Set up the TV and speaker last weekend, all good.  Have a problem with the sonos though. Every time I turn the TV off and then turn it back on, the sonos no longer works. Have spent hours fiddling around with it, can get it to work but generally only after unplugging the beam for 10 seconds, removing the hdmi connection, putting the hdmi back and then plugging back in....  Same again though when I turn TV off next time!  Have googled it and there seems to be no end of similar problems online.  

Have you come across this at all?

I have the sonos connected to arc hdmi,
    I have tv output set to arc,
    I have simplink turned on,
    I get the sonos screen saver when I change input to hdmi /arc,
    I can play music through the sonos no problem (I have gone into the app and set it back to TV),

No joy!  Only thing that works is unplugging and disconnection and going through that every time!

Grateful for any advice if you've encountered it.
    Hey Wersal Gummage.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with the Sonos.

To be honest its not an issue I've came up against.
    It should be a pretty straight forward setup procedure.

We have the beam running here in store and have it running with several different sets.

Does it make any differences if you turn the Simplink off?

You could perhaps try Sonos directly as they will know of anything that may have been missed.
    They are on 08000261526. They can remotely connect to your setup and see what its going on.

Let me know what they say and we can take it from there.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.