Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closed so can I speak to customer care now with no account or number?

• 26-02-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi,

My account was closed on the 25th as requested. However my last bill has the below charges on it despite my contract ending on 30/11/2018.

ECC for eir Fibre 25-Jan-19 150.00 
    ECC for eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK 25-Jan-19 100.00 
    Total other charges 250.00

As my Eir account is closed no matter what Eir number I call I cannot speak to anyone as they do not recognise my old account number or phone number due to the service being cancelled. Live chat is aso not available today it seems. Please advise on this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I would cancel the direct debit and inform your bank to not allow that transaction to go through as based on the experiences of others on here you will be waiting an age to get through to customer service and even longer to try and get the refund processed - best to try and stop it going out all together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Closing an account means that the supplier and customer both agree the final bill and that no further charges will be generated or accepted.

The account is closed, over, kaput, dúnta, dead as a dodo.

This seems like a systemic issue which continually arises with Eir.

Can one of the Eir Reps explain how in the Eir system an account can be closed and still get charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

dakid wrote: »
    Hi,

My account was closed on the 25th as requested. However my last bill has the below charges on it despite my contract ending on 30/11/2018.

ECC for eir Fibre 25-Jan-19 150.00 
    ECC for eir Broadband Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK 25-Jan-19 100.00 
    Total other charges 250.00

As my Eir account is closed no matter what Eir number I call I cannot speak to anyone as they do not recognise my old account number or phone number due to the service being cancelled. Live chat is aso not available today it seems. Please advise on this issue?
    Hi there dakid,

My apologies for the delay in response. 

Can you please send me a PM with the following account details and I will have a look into this immediately for you:

1. Account number
    2. Account Name
    3. Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    4. Address
    5. Date of birth

~ Nicole

paddy19 wrote: »
    Closing an account means that the supplier and customer both agree the final bill and that no further charges will be generated or accepted.

The account is closed, over, kaput, dúnta, dead as a dodo.

This seems like a systemic issue which continually arises with Eir.

Can one of the Eir Reps explain how in the Eir system an account can be closed and still get charged?
    Hi paddy19,

When accounts are closed yet still have an outstanding amount or have credit remaining on it. A bill will be automatically generated until this amount has been brought to zero.

The account is not getting charged any extra, it is just reminders that there either is an amount to pay or an amount owed to the customer.

~ Nicole

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerc87

Having the same problem. Received an email on the 21st that my account would close in 30 days. however, 30 minutes later i lost all services. phone coverage the lot. Contacted customer service, can't get through. Went online, they can't help me. Went into a store, they gave me the 'non Eir customer' number to ring. called this and asks me to enter my phone number. when i do it says it is not recognized. So basically Eir have completely shut down my number which i want to keep as i've had it 15 years. 

I need my number reactivated please. 

• Advertisement

Hi paddy19,

When accounts are closed yet still have an outstanding amount or have credit remaining on it. A bill will be automatically generated until this amount has been brought to zero.

The account is not getting charged any extra, it is just reminders that there either is an amount to pay or an amount owed to the customer.

~ Nicole

Hi Nicole,
    Thanks for the detailed reply.
    This is why I'm confused, normally closing an account means that all credits and debits are cleared. The account has a zero balance either by receiving payment, ceditining the customer or writing off any debt.

An account with a credit or debit is still active. It should only die when all monies are cleared.

It appears that Eirs definition of account closed is different from the norm.

Hi paddy19,

~ Nicole

Hi Nicole,
    This is why I'm confused, normally closing an account means that all credits and debits are cleared. The account has a zero balance either by receiving payment, ceditining the customer or writing off any debt.

An account with a credit or debit is still active. It should only die when all monies are cleared.

Hi paddy19,

No worries,

When accounts are ceased, this is down to the customer not wishing to continue using our services. This will not write off any unpaid debt that is owed by them nor will it clear monies owed to them, it simply cancels down their services.

If money is owed to the customer, we set up refunds to have this money transferred back to them. Alternatively, when money is owed by the customer, this will remain until the outstanding balance will be cleared.

I hope this helps you understand it more clearly.

~ Nicole

Hi paddy19,

~ Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Hi paddy19,

No worries,

When accounts are ceased, this is down to the customer not wishing to continue using our services. This will not write off any unpaid debt that is owed by them nor will it clear monies owed to them, it simply cancels down their services.

If money is owed to the customer, we set up refunds to have this money transferred back to them. Alternatively, when money is owed by the customer, this will remain until the outstanding balance will be cleared.

I hope this helps you understand it more clearly.

~ Nicole
    Thanks for the detailed reply Nicole.

Most of the world thinks account closed means all outstanding credits and debits are cleared.

Not to be parsimonious but according to the legal dictionary

"Closed Account. A detailed statement of the mutual debit and credit demands between parties to which no further changes can be made on either side."

Can I make a suggestion that Eir change the language from "Account Closed" to  "Services Ceased". That's the wording in the Eir T & C's.

A big ask I know for a large organisation but I think it would save you all a mountain of grief.

Gerc87 wrote: »
    Having the same problem. Received an email on the 21st that my account would close in 30 days. however, 30 minutes later i lost all services. phone coverage the lot. Contacted customer service, can't get through. Went online, they can't help me. Went into a store, they gave me the 'non Eir customer' number to ring. called this and asks me to enter my phone number. when i do it says it is not recognized. So basically Eir have completely shut down my number which i want to keep as i've had it 15 years. 

I need my number reactivated please. 
    Hi there Gerc87,

Would you please send me a PM with the following account details and I will be more than happy to look into this further for you:

1. Account number
    2. Account Name
    3. Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    4. Address
    5. Date of birth

~ Nicole

Advertisement