Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Cut and Role

Options
  • 26-02-2019 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give here as I'm quite worried and I really appreciate any help, I'll try keep it as brief as I can.

In a nutshell I made a career change 11 months ago to a junior position in a small company. Pay was a cut down to a € 30k but it wasn't too much and I gained the 9-5 life which I never had and the role was essentially stress free while I was working 50 hours a week I have never been happier.

The role was new plus evolving and while I do everything that is asked of me to be honest it is quite easy and there are days that I fill my time on boards etc. I am paid much less then other more senior members of the company but I don't mind as the role is so easy.

Anyway, fast forward to number of weeks ago and the controlling interest in the company is sold and to cut a long story short they were oversold the profitability of the company and seemingly have identified that management is top heavy (which is true) and my role is questionable.

Anyway, my immediate boss really I believe has my back and he has been asked to basically prove the value of the role in the coming weeks which I'm not to worried about as I could take on other tasks/duties/training I think.

What has caught me off guard and I'm not sure how I feel about my boss has told me they are going to launch a bonus system on agreed standard weekly tasks completed (up to €10k a year) which is fine but what I am being told is basic salary is dropping to €25k so while it is an increase overall it isn't sitting right with me.

I haven't allot of experience but does this sound fair? I do genuinely believe my immediate superiors have my interests in mind but I haven't much experience in these kind of things so I want to make sure I'm not over reacting by feeling off about it.

Thanks again, a little rambling but I hope i was clear enough.

Advertisement