Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone has been cut off for 5 days

• 26-02-2019 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Eir,
    We moved home in December and went with the Eir moving home package (tv, broadband and 2 mobiles). We have had several issues since we moved. The old account has yet to be closed as they have said that my mobile could not simply be swapped over to the new account (not sure why as there was no issue swapping my husband's number to the new account). They said they would send a new SIM which they would then need to port my old number too. I received no SIM and then last Friday my mobile service was suspended. I went into the Eir shop and I was given a temporary SIM and told to ring customer service, who turns out don't work the weekends! I was advised my the man in the shop that there were charges on the old account for not returning the old modem (which we did and have a tracking number that says it's delivered in early Jan).
    Yesterday we rang to be told we would get a call back at 4pm to port the SIM, no call back. Called again today, another hour on hold to be told we will get a call back. We have had nothing but issues since we moved and have spent HOURS on hold and have NEVER received a call back. We are on the verge now of cancelling our entire plan as customer service is non existent. What do I need to do to get my phone number switched over to the new account????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Orla_B44 wrote: »
    Hi Eir,
    We moved home in December and went with the Eir moving home package (tv, broadband and 2 mobiles). We have had several issues since we moved. The old account has yet to be closed as they have said that my mobile could not simply be swapped over to the new account (not sure why as there was no issue swapping  my husband's number to the new account). They said they would send a new SIM which they would then need to port my old number too. I received no SIM and then last Friday my mobile service was suspended. I went into the Eir shop and I was given a temporary SIM and told to ring customer service, who turns out don't work the weekends! I was advised my the man in the shop that there were charges on the old account for  not returning the old modem (which we did and have a tracking number that says it's delivered in early Jan).
    Yesterday we rang to be told we would get a call back at 4pm to port the SIM, no call back. Called again today, another hour on hold to be told we will get a call back. We have had nothing but issues since we moved and have spent HOURS on hold and have NEVER received a call back. We are on the verge now of cancelling our entire plan as customer service is non existent. What do I need to do to get my phone number switched over to the new account????
    Hi Orla_B44, 

Sorry to hear of the poor customer experience. 

Could you PM the following details and I will be able to investigate this for you? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. Mobile Number you are looking to port and the Account Number for that number?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Orla_B44

Hi Orla_B44, 

Could you PM the following details and I will be able to investigate this for you? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    6. Mobile Number you are looking to port and the Account Number for that number?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

I have sent a PM with all the details,
    Thanks,
    Orla

Hi Orla_B44, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

I have sent a PM with all the details,
    Thanks,
    Orla
    Hi Orla, 

I have responded to your PM. 

I will update you as soon as I can

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Orla_B44

Hi Orla, 

Grainne

Hi Grainne,
    Is there any update on this? I am now on day 6 of no service and we have still not received this infamous call back from Eir which was promised on Monday and again on Tuesday.
    We will not be making any more calls to the moving home team as they are completely incompetent (something that has been confirmed to me by several members of staff in an Eir store).
    Direct debit has been cancelled.

Hi Orla, 

Grainne

Hi Grainne,
    Is there any update on this? I am now on day 6 of no service and we have still not received this infamous call back from Eir which was promised on Monday and again on Tuesday.
    We will not be making any more calls to the moving home team as they are completely incompetent (something that has been confirmed to me by several members of staff in an Eir store).
    Direct debit has been cancelled.
    Hi Orla_B44, 

I will update you in PM's

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement