Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steeltech Sheds - Wall mounted storage

• 26-02-2019 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Recently purchased a steeltech shed and got shelving installed also.

However, I am looking for some additional storage options e.g. hooks, racks etc to hang sports gear, bikes, helmets etc etc from.

I have tried B&Q, Woodies for suitable hooks but no success so far.

Have any of you purchased any of these or anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers,

NT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ignore the electrical bits but I'm just using 7x1 planks between the uprights attached with Tex screws.
    You can attach brackets, hooks or just screws or nails to these.
    Have a 3m one running across the back of the shed that will take a load of stuff.
    You could arrange something more aesthetically pleasing I'm sure but it works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I was going to say just put a sheet of plywood across the wall attached as in Rown's picture above.

Then you can screw in whatever brackets and hangers you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Cheers guys,

Do those Tex screws self taper into the steel or does it need to be drilled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Cheers guys,

Do those Tex screws self taper into the steel or does it need to be drilled?

Self-drilling normally, once you have a bit which can drive them. If you can't find them easily some gutter bolts would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Self-drilling normally, once you have a bit which can drive them. If you can't find them easily some gutter bolts would do.
    .. and a strong enough drill :)

The sheet of ply is a good idea

Also use the space in the triangle of the roof for storage, by adding collars above head height

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

These are the gadgets I got
    https://www.mcmahons.ie/rawlplug-5-5x51mm-self-drilling-screw-pk-100-light-steel-to-steel
    Came with a driver in the pack that fits an impact driver or drill.
    You might want to go shorter if your ply is skinnier then the 25mm timber I used. You don't want to be driving something through the skin of the shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I ply lined my shed so I'd say go with ply if at all possible, no need to worry about splitting it (especially if you drive screws or fixings near the edge). I used cheap anodised aluminium hat and coat hooks to hang bike helmets etc. For heavier stuff Halfords do a range of hooks and brackets, I used some "Mottez" branded brackets from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Thanks guys, appreciate the information and ideas.

Time to get my DIY hat on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Thanks guys, appreciate the information and ideas.

Time to get my DIY hat on.

How much shelving did u get? And what price was it? There's nothing online re prices.

Advertisement