Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cancel, cooling-off period ends tomorrow, can't get through tomorrow.

• 26-02-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭

Hi There

We recently changed our home broadband to Eir and the speeds have been lousy ever since.  We've been onto your webchat about it several times but they've been less than useless so we've decided to cancel the switch and go back to our old supplier.  Having spent pretty much the entire day so far trying to get in contact with you, I am now getting seriously worried as our cooling-off period ends tomorrow.  Can you please let me know how I can ensure this request is processed before the cut-off.

Thanks
    DH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Email your cancellation to ccm@eir.ie as a complaint today.
    Include name, address, account number, dob and state you are the account holder.
    No response within 10 days escalate to ComReg.

Cancel your direct debit immediately otherwise your into charges and grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Hi There

We recently changed our home broadband to Eir and the speeds have been lousy ever since.  We've been onto your webchat about it several times but they've been less than useless so we've decided to cancel the switch and go back to our old supplier.  Having spent pretty much the entire day so far trying to get in contact with you, I am now getting seriously worried as our cooling-off period ends tomorrow.  Can you please let me know how I can ensure this request is processed before the cut-off.

Thanks
    DH
    Sorry to hear you wish to cancel Dial Hard, 

The process to cancel your account can be found here

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Grainne

I'm not sure what Eir think you guys responding to every cancellation message with the same reply is going to achieve - we're well able to find that information ourselves, thanks. The issue is that it's impossible to get through to anyone on the number given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

As a relatively new eir customer these threads about difficulties leaving the service are quite disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It may be a bit late for you, unless you can get to the post office in the next hour or so, but the form for cancelling during the cooling off period is here:

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/cooling_off.pdf

That link comes from the T&C pages, near the bottom under "Cooling off period".  I would suggest sending it by registered post, and cling on to the receipt/tracking number for dear life.

Having said that, I sent that, and delivery was accepted more than 10 days ago, and I haven't heard a peep from them since, despite asking for a letter confirming that they'd cancelled the order, so don't hold your breath.  But if you can post it immediately (registered post!), they'll receive it tomorrow, meeting the deadline, and you'll be able to argue the toss with them later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Curious why Eir reps show no interest in helping people cancel their accounts.

The reps used to tell customers they had to call 1901. Not true!

Now they unhelpfully ref a web site that doesn't actually tell you how to cancel,
    no address provided for canceling only for switchers.

"Cease service
    Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.
    Please contact a customer advisor who will advise of any charges which will be applicable on 1800 504 110."

Maybe the last line tells you the answer: about Eir customer care,
    all they care about is extracting as much money as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Grainne

I'm not sure what Eir think you guys responding to every cancellation message with the same reply is going to achieve - we're well able to find that information ourselves, thanks. The issue is that it's impossible to get through to anyone on the number given.
    Hi Dial Hard, 

I understand the call waiting times are high at the moment and our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

You can find further information on the call waiting times here

Grainne

Advertisement