Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squeaky floorboards advice

• 26-02-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have some squeaky floorboards at the top of the stairs, right where the top post of the bannisters is

After years of living with it, I've had enough and have decided to tackle it but I can't seem to find any info/advice on my particular situation

The house is a steel frame house and the flooring seems to be OSB but with floorboards glued/nailed down on top. I can't get anything down between the boards so they are either glued in or are tongue in groove but the OSB underneath is throwing me as I can't find anything similar when I google it (osb and boards on top)

I would assume the joists are steel so is it possible the nails in the boards are just to attach them to the OSB? I assume they are not going through the steel. So then what is attaching the OSB to the joists?

When I thought I had a more normal setup my plan was to use some double threaded screws and position them beside the existing nails but will they go through the steel?

Any thoughts/advice? Cheers

Advertisement