Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milia removal or treatment

• 26-02-2019 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any good experiences with milia removal from the face? I have two large milia bumps on my temple. Nothing I have tried works and they are there a couple of years now. I want to get them removed professionally. Is this something a proper dermatologist would do or would a good beauty clinic offering more advanced services be ok? Would I need a referral to a dermatologist? Has anyone had it done?

My doctor thinks it's a trivial nothing and fobbed me off. I know it's trivial and purely cosmetic but I want it gone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Any advanced beautician should be able to remove milia

In my experience GPs are clueless/ useless when it comes to skin concerns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ok thanks. If anyone has a recommendation in Dublin city I'd appreciate it. I'm not someone who attends a beautician even so I've no idea. I'm willing to pay a fair bit to get it done well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Ok thanks. If anyone has a recommendation in Dublin city I'd appreciate it. I'm not someone who attends a beautician even so I've no idea. I'm willing to pay a fair bit to get it done well.

Try Wicklow street clinic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Has anyone had any good experiences with milia removal from the face? I have two large milia bumps on my temple. Nothing I have tried works and they are there a couple of years now. I want to get them removed professionally. Is this something a proper dermatologist would do or would a good beauty clinic offering more advanced services be ok? Would I need a referral to a dermatologist? Has anyone had it done?

My doctor thinks it's a trivial nothing and fobbed me off. I know it's trivial and purely cosmetic but I want it gone.

There is a fab place in stillorgan....slievemore clinic. There was a lady there Dr Lisa Fay but I think she has moved? If she has I am sure they still have a dermatologist.
    Fabulous set up there....everything under one roof.

Advertisement