Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antisocial behavior during the day

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Nope it’s the gubbermentdsfault.

It can be the fault of both the government and the anti social actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

bri007 wrote: »
    That might be a bit difficult as I work for the HSE I’m sure that would go down well!

What do your managers say about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

blackbox wrote: »
    What the OP is describing is already against the law.

More laws is a knee-jerk reaction by politicians allowing them to pretend they are doing something.

What we need is proper enforcement of the laws we already have.

Judging by your response, I think my post was too complex for you to understand completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Your Face wrote: »
    Judging by your response, I think my post was too complex for you to understand completely.

Actually I thought the response was spot on. We don’t need law reform; we need a will to enforce the law and a change of mind in society whereby those things are not tolerated anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The OP should make a formal complaint the Garda superintendent of the district and the Garda serjeant of the station they reported the incident to as the Garda did not respond and they were in a potentially dangerous situation.

It needs to be a formal complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jane_Dough

Hi OP

<mod snip - racist content removed>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Jane_Dough - either post something helpful or don't post at all.

All posters - this thread has been moved to the Dublin County North forum, so please read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Your employer has a duty of care for your health and safety.

You need to discuss this and explain that this area is unsafe for one person to be visiting on their own.

Maybe bring your line manager along to get a feeling for what you are facing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

klaaaz wrote: »

Well, FFG have been in power for many decades and yet our society is churning out endless feral lawless individuals for life.

Hopefully, over time, FFG's new abortion regime will help to reduce the skanger population. I wonder whether a Social Welfare-run abortion incentive payment scheme might help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Squatter wrote: »
    Hopefully, over time, FFG's new abortion regime will help to reduce the skanger population. I wonder whether a Social Welfare-run abortion incentive payment scheme might help.

Neither helpful nor relevant - think carefully before posting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

I am sorry OP but are you the slight, retiring type? I would march into those estates and demand respect.

I'd advise you to man up. Bring some form of weapon the next time. Not to use, just to threaten. ( knife etc.)

Why is it up to him to take matters into his own hands... its not part of his job to threaten youths with knives .. pull a knife of one of those little c*nts and watch what happens the next time you arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Just a reminder that this is not After Hours & is a community-focused forum.

Please keep the discussion relevant to DCN (use more appropriate forums for discussion of general antisocial behaviour issues) & tone down the language.

Ta.

tHB

Neither helpful nor relevant - think carefully before posting again.

That's a matter of opinion.

I appreciate that for some people, a short-term fix is preferable to a long-term solution, but I prefer to think strategically and am confident that my proposal has merit and would sort things out in the longer-term.

Squatter wrote: »
    That's a matter of opinion.

I appreciate that for some people, a short-term fix is preferable to a long-term solution, but I prefer to think strategically and am confident that my proposal has merit and would sort things out in the longer-term.

No it's not. The vast majority of people would find your comment offensive and nasty, not to mention trollish. If you want to discuss politics and/or abortion, I suggest you find the relevant forum.

No it's not. The vast majority of people would find your comment offensive and nasty, not to mention trollish. If you want to discuss politics and/or abortion, I suggest you find the relevant forum.

And a small minority would agree with me. So my comment is valid, irrespective of your hysterical response.

Incidentally, typing in bold is ignorant and boorish, kindly desist.

One month ban from posting in this forum for Squatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jane_Dough

Jane_Dough - either post something helpful or don't post at all.

All posters - this thread has been moved to the Dublin County North forum, so please read the charter before posting.

Sincere apologies, genuinely did not mean to be racist. I thought this particular group was well known among people. I was not referring to the entire community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the country is too soft on scumbags - we all know this

and until this changes the scum will continue to flourish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

We have laws which cant be enforced because we dont have enough Gardái for a start. It is unusual to see Gardái on the beat and this has given free run of the place to lots of gangs. The Gardái who are on duty in these areas know who is doing what butnothing will be done on them. If fines and deductions in welfare payments were imposed it would be a start

There is also no real will to change things from politicians as most dont withness this first hand. They might hear about it but that is it and until they are effected nothing will be done. There are no deterrents for youths (or families) who engage in anti-social behaviour. Until we have a proper set of laws we can enforce and basic rules for society things will not change.

Sadly the majority of people in these areas are sound people it is just a few who have always got these areas bad names. Unfair on the good people.

Advertisement